Does anyone actually have an X800?

C

Cybernoid

Because every store in Finland just says "coming soon" etc. No one actually has any in stock. What the hell is ATI doing? Releasing a new product without manufacturing any copies? Brilliant.

Yeah, they're in short supply everywhere, especially if you want an XT version.

I've bought a X800 XT but I won't actually recieve it until July 27.

Mine's coming directly from ATi and they still haven't sent it out yet, I got the estimate '3 to 4 weeks' about 5 weeks ago, lol.

Ah well, I guess my crappy old 9800pro will have to last a bit longer :p

Ati seriously needs to get in gear with these cards. :)

Pobz said:
Mine's coming directly from ATi and they still haven't sent it out yet, I got the estimate '3 to 4 weeks' about 5 weeks ago, lol.

could i buy that crappy 9800 pro off of you? :)
i only have a mega-crappy 9600 pro

psh i beat you all with my mega crappy crapper ti 4200

VeZ said:
psh i beat you all with my mega crappy crapper ti 4200

i've got the ultra mega crappy crapper sitting in a box at home.....

4mb voodoo2 as well as one of the original voodoo accelerator cards.

ACLeroK212 said:

but it's not in your PC now... is it?

I've got an X800 Pro. I've had it since June 8. :)

The X800 series is much more available than the 6800 series. The 6800 series was actually launched several weeks before the X800 and is still not available.

ACLeroK212 said:

Umm... not as craptacualar as thios PCI card that was in my comp (while i troublshot my 9600pro)

Matrox Millenium II
2mb of video ram for increased performace!
a superfast PCI connection to allow for greater data transfer!
still has factory sticker on it... 6/17/96

SidewinderX143 said:
Umm... not as craptacualar as thios PCI card that was in my comp (while i troublshot my 9600pro)

Matrox Millenium II
2mb of video ram for increased performace!
a superfast PCI connection to allow for greater data transfer!
still has factory sticker on it... 6/17/96

lol, i had a matrox millenium too, that's what i used my voodoo1 accelerator on. i think it was isa though.

Just a quick question: why would you buy an X9800 when you got a 9800 Pro. I know that you'll be able to play games at better settings, but is the improvement over the 9800 Pro really worth that much money. Why not just wait for the next next generation cards (I update my computer every three years, just when the gameplay becomes unbarable).

lazicsavo said:
Just a quick question: why would you buy an X9800 when you got a 9800 Pro. I know that you'll be able to play games at better settings, but is the improvement over the 9800 Pro really worth that much money. Why not just wait for the next next generation cards (I update my computer every three years, just when the gameplay becomes unbarable).

I don't know about other people, but I went from a 9600 Pro to an X800 Pro. In games, I am seeing a 2 to 3.5 times performance increase in games. I would call that a considerable performance jump, in my opinion. I upgraded because I am waiting for these next generation games coming out and I want to be able to have the best experience possible.

Of course I know that games will be running a whole lot better with these cards, but I just don't get the mentality of always having to play games at the highest possible resolutions and settings. I mean I had a 128 Ram, GeForce 4, 1.8 CPU for 3 years (upgraded 3 months ago) and I was able to play a lot of games albeit at a really low setting. The only reason I upgraded is for HL2 and i won't chug out my 9800 Pro till HL3 is on the horizon.

I mean no offese to all those gamers who always want to be at the cutting edge of gaming. Hell, I'm on a university budged and I still spend $1000s of dollars each year on books I don't even need.

My 9700 (That's OCed to prO~!!1 w00t) pwns your X800 Pro, dist. Face it. FACE IT! .. :(

What was the card you had before the X800 Pro?

Shuzer said:
My 9700 (That's OCed to prO~!!1 w00t) pwns your X800 Pro, dist. Face it. FACE IT! .. :(

What was the card you had before the X800 Pro?

So true :( :(

Had a GF FX5600XT :|

I had a GF2 before my 9800Pro.
If you can spend the money, once you experience a top end card you can't go back to letting it drag.

Ive got an X800, Sapphire X800PRO to be exact. In the UK this is.

Asus said:
If you can spend the money, once you experience a top end card you can't go back to letting it drag.

Nope, I put my FX5600XT HP, that thing got like 1171 on 3dmark03 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I won't go back anymore, I will only buy something past the X800 for the future, I am sick of being left in the dust by new cards :(

lazicsavo said:
Of course I know that games will be running a whole lot better with these cards, but I just don't get the mentality of always having to play games at the highest possible resolutions and settings. I mean I had a 128 Ram, GeForce 4, 1.8 CPU for 3 years (upgraded 3 months ago) and I was able to play a lot of games albeit at a really low setting. The only reason I upgraded is for HL2 and i won't chug out my 9800 Pro till HL3 is on the horizon.

I mean no offese to all those gamers who always want to be at the cutting edge of gaming. Hell, I'm on a university budged and I still spend $1000s of dollars each year on books I don't even need.

Well i dont keep up to cutting edge technology...before i bought my X800PRO i had a GF4ti4600. If this was a normal jump like 9700 ---> 9800 then theres no way id pay £300 but a 6800 or x800 leaves any exsisting card in the dust no problem.

If you think a 9800PRO is bang for the buck then god knows what a 6800/x800 is...the jump isnt normal, it is _massive_

For £300 an X800pro or 6800GT is an absolute bargain given what they are capable off.

What ASUS said is right, once you've had the best graphics card, you can't bare to play games with bad framerates or low resolutions/details, so as long as you can afford it you have to have the best graphics performance forever...

...let that be a warning to anyone that is considering buying a new graphics card.

lol im happy wit my saphire ati radeon 9600 pro wit 256 mg. it works fine wit all of todays games... im suspecting it will be fine for half-life 2. No need for me to upgrade... yet.... lol.

PEACE

Mike :smoking:

got 3, 9500, 9200(traded for a stick of pc100 ram), 220mx(the one i lend my brother)

Asus said:

Lol, I too had a GF2 before I upgraded to a 9800 Pro.

Asus said:

Lol, I three had a GF2 before I upgraded to a 9700 Pro.

The store is still saying that shipments will start this week. It's now friday. I don't think that shipments will start this week. I'll be lucky if I'll get mine before HL2 is released, and I've got a bunch of games that desperately need to be played (Ground Control II, CC Generals, Joint Ops...).

No next-gen cards for me untill i save up a few grand to buld a new PC.

I think ill wait untill PCI-ex is a bit more mature. Whatever the next top-end card from ATI/NVidia is ill buy.

Hopefully it will be 4000x faster than your sister on crack.

So in this thread we're playing the "whose got the worst video card" game now?

Pobz said:

You need some mental help if you think 9800 pro is crap :p That card is like a dream for normal computer users.

I was being a bit sarcastic, it ain't crap, but it's not the best any more, so I needed to upgrade ;(

Pobz said:
I was being a bit sarcastic, it ain't crap, but it's not the best any more, so I needed to upgrade ;(

OMG, you rich bastard - how can you think of upgrading now that you EVEN have a X800!

Man, I wish I had rich folks. ;(

Pobz your cpu is a bit underpowered for your x800 xt. Most people are saying you need atleast a 3.4 ghz pentium or an athlon64 3400.

Pressure said:
I've bought a X800 XT but I won't actually recieve it until July 27.

u should demand some sort of compension or something.. :p
seriously.. whats with these companies being short on products?

Back