Does anyone still use Windows 95, 98, or 2000?

dart321

Reaction score
Just curious. Does anyone still use windows 95, 98, or 2000, or any other version of windows other than XP? If so, is it a money thing, a hardware thing, or a "I don't care" thing?

I have a computer with 3.X on it.

Its a hardware thing.

I've got a 486 laptop with windows 3.1....I actually had windows 98 running on it at one time, but I had to format the HDD and my PCMCIA cd rom drive broke. Anyone have Win95 on floppies?

my file server has windows 2000 server, but i guess it's a money thing because 2003 server costs an insane amount.

I dont, but a friends runs ME on hers, its an i cant be bothered thing...

I laughed when i saw the "ME" logo on startup...

Can someone please clarify why ME sucked so bad?
I have a friend who has ME and his doesnt work, it freezes when its loading.

Slik said:
It doesnt really suck, its the best 9X based OS microsoft has made. Its just old software principles applied for new technology, so the 2 dont mix very well.

Slik said:

That IS the problem.

Soon to have a server running 2K. 2K3 is a little too much. Not dumping any money in it, hell, I'm gonna be VNC'ing into it.

I have Windows 2000 on all 3 of my home PCs - the lowest end one (my wife's) is a AMD 1.3G Athlon with 768M PC100 ram). Not a hardware thing, just don't like XP. Will wait for Longhorn to come out, then I will upgrade.
Work - two PCs have 2000 - both are P3 600Mhz, plenty of RAM. Getting a new laptop next week, will have XP on it (UG!).

XP is the extended version of 2000. Get over the generalization that XP sucks. It was built on top of 2000. If you can live with 2000, you can live with XP (unless, your specs are too low). You can make XP behave near exactly like 2000.

I currently have 2 PCs,one is a laptop that is running a Windows 2000 and one is a desktop using Windows XP Pro.
Personally,I would reconmand Windows 2000,its faster,more stable and its great for playing games,unlike XP the moment you get online without a firewall you get attacked by several virus,boy have I meade that mistake ;( .

XP is probably the best thing to happen to Windows ... whatever that means. The problem is Windows will always suck, no matter what version they put out, but I will still use it because I like video games.

And that thing about firewalls and viruses, how sure are you that those things weren't already attacking before?

dart321 said:
Just curious. Does anyone still use windows 95, 98, or 2000, or any other version of windows other than XP? If so, is it a money thing, a hardware thing, or a "I don't care" thing?
I use win2k, personal preference.

win2k on desktop and laptop, works great, and less memory usage than winxp, feels alot better than winxp.

i use win2k professional, and tryin to get FC3 workin, once iget access to a dvd writer.
winxp is too 'fancy', inmy opinion its intended for non-advanced computer users. also tis full of holes n shit. they are also rip-off prices for them OS. get better ones for free, but i need to get a DVD writer.

Back