dog retrives dead best friend cat

Jerry_111

Reaction score
this news article made me cry.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3162659.ece

A pet dog missed the family’s dead cat so much that he dug up his grave and brought the body back into the house.

When Oscar’s owners woke up the next morning they discovered the dog curled up beside Arthur, the late cat, in his basket.

His owners, Robert Bell, 73, and his wife, Mavis, of Wigan, Greater Manchester, believe that the dog had licked the cat clean before falling asleep.

Mr Bell said that the two pets were constant companions. Arthur, who was a large cat, used to help Oscar to climb on to the sofa.

Oscar, an 18-month-old Lancashire Heeler, had watched Mr Bell dig a grave in the garden and then lower the cat into the hole.Mr Bell said: “He had managed to climb out through the cat flap in the night, obviously with the intent to get Arthur back. Bearing in mind that Arthur was a huge cat, Oscar must have used all the strength he could muster.

“Then he pulled him into the basket and went to sleep next to him. Arthur’s coat was gleaming white. Oscar had obviously licked him clean. It must have taken him nearly all night.”

Arthur is now reburied in a secure grave. And Oscar has a new playmate, a kitten called Limpet.

Next up - Oscar feels deceived and doesn't think any other cat could replace his beloved pal Arthur, Limpet found dead in Oscar's basket.

Erk. The body should be rather... corpsified by now. They should take the dog to the vet.

;_;

That's so heartbreaking. :( Imagine the dog's thoughts - "wake up, buddy! Wake up! Why wouldn't he wake up?"

Erk. The body should be rather... corpsified by now. They should take the dog to the vet.

;_;

The story sounded like he undug him the night he was buried.

But man, that's a sad story. <sighs>

Ahh shit.

"GET DAT FAAAWKING ANIMAL OUT OF THIS HOUSE!..."

"...BOTH OF THEM!"

My dog has lots of friends, she licks them too. Guinea pigs, parrots, hamsters, other dogs ... She's scared of cats though. She runs away from them.

Dogs are awesome, and massively intelligent. Cats are stupid.

My dog has lots of friends, she licks them too. Guinea pigs, parrots, hamsters, other dogs ... She's scared of cats though. She runs away from them.

Dogs are awesome, and massively intelligent. Cats are stupid.

Both are very nice. I love dogs, but I also love cats. I like the independent nature of cats, but I also love the adoration that dogs give us.

Awwwwww

If it takes forever I will wait for you
For a thousand summers I will wait for you
'Till you're back beside me, 'till I'm holding you
'Till I hear you sigh here in my arms

01.jpg

Awwwwww

If it takes forever I will wait for you
For a thousand summers I will wait for you
'Till you're back beside me, 'till I'm holding you
'Till I hear you sigh here in my arms

01.jpg

Hahah, I just watched that episode today. In class. I almost started crying in front of everyone ;(

You black sheep you.

EDIT: Oh nevermind. I thought you were in laughing because of the OP.

Krynn said:
Hahah, I just watched that episode today. In class. I almost started crying in front of everyone

Yeah... that episode tugs my heartstrings like no other movie, cartoon or piece of literature has ever done. I'm not really very emotional when I watch things, but my god... that episode and Luck of the Fryrish are just... ;(

Bah! Humbug! The dog just wanted something to snack on for later.

It's not moving in the least. Not even a little. It doesn't make me cry. Doesn't make me thing of my cat back home or anything. I'm fine.

...;(

And yes, that episode makes me cry as well.

;(

So tragic yet beautiful.

This comment on the Times site made me laugh tho:

If I dug the missus up I'd be arrested.

Animals have more rights than we do...

Tks!

bob, bryan, USA

I used to have 2 cats, but one was run over and killed. Her friend (sat beside me now) was at the window for weeks, watching for her best mate to return.

She never did :(

why is everyone getting so emo, please PPL nobody killed the cat, the dog just wanted it back and then he licked his dead body... cmon...

Back