DOG (spoilers)

R

R^T

Got to be the best character in the game.

I love the bit where he prises open a gate for you and then a drop ship comes behind him and when the door closes all the see is men flying in the air, made me giggle. Then he continutes his innocent antics and jumps on the plane. TOP CLASS!

Or the bit where he gets rammed by the car and then chucks it into the shop and kills some of the combine.

So who here things DOG is the best character in the game?

What is youe fav god moment?

*** R^T

I like when Dog
When Dog opens up the citadel wall and you jump down, and barney is like, "oh if you see dr. breen, tell him I said F--- you!

Great character. I like the little touches, like playing ball, or when he bangs his hands on the floor in frustration, or when he meets up with alyx again and hugs her.

what will happend the the dog throw things at ya and u got to catch if u dont catch them u die?

lol:p:p

maybe there will be a Dog addon were u play through the game as dog :p

... possibly a very boring addon with no weapons like but who knows

LOL Glad you lot agree.

I think the little touches on dog are cool.

He looks super cool.

He is Strong as hell.

And when he want, he can do some serious damage.

Wouldn't mind seeing what DOG looked like when Alix first got him.

Thx R^T

maybe u should make some missions when u are the dog and u got to kill some ppl and some ships and striders maybe it would be cool...
dont u agree?

Great character, great animations, great AI!

Valve rulez!

It was fun when DOG trying to fight with a gunship!

Really didnt like dog - no real possiblity there, he just does scripted sequences of throwing things.

he had to win he pulled the gunship down and he came back later if he didnt win i gues the gunship would have broken him to pieces

Trying, he did fight it and win....

YOU ROCK DOG!

maybe u should make some missions when u are the dog and u got to kill some ppl and some ships and striders maybe it would be cool...

I think this would be seriously cool.

Maybe someone will make a mod I know I will download it.

Probably call it something like Alix Kidnapped : The DOG missions.

I could see this been pretty good if only I could mod lol.

Thx R^T

He's way too scripted - every level you'd have to play with him would involve cars laying around for him to throw.

It would however be cool seeing him fight a stider, tearing at its leg :D

godam it I keep spelling strider wrong, the r seems out of place :p

I personally did not like Dog. As a few people have said when he appeared the scenes where too scripted, and he is just a big ugly hunk of metal anyway ;)

I liked the way that when he's holding that door open for you, one of his face plates is about half down over his eye, giving him a "Will you please hurry up?" look...

Brian Damage said:
I liked the way that when he's holding that door open for you, one of his face plates is about half down over his eye, giving him a "Will you please hurry up?" look...

He's really expressive, Valve did a great job on this. When Alyx is petting him, those fact plates move backwards, his head a bit down, like the ears of a real dog, I could really recognize my dog in it when you pet it.

And it's not about being scripted, if it looks cool, then I don't care.

if it looks cool, then I don't care.

Another Amen!

I have just decided that even though I can't use modding tools and stuff like that I am going to make a mod but put it all down on paper with all ideas and pictures and stuff and maybe find someone that would be interested in making it into a playable MOD.

I will keep you lot posted about the progress. (If you care that is :E )

Thx R^T

It may look cool but all you get is a low replayabilty level with dog reperforming the same thing over and over.

Now if he had some natural ai to find objects and use them or perhaps to use a weapon of some sort then he might be of some use down the road.

Can anybody recognise the miscellaneous parts that he's made out of? His face, for instance, seems to be made of recycled parts from a Type 1 Scanner...

Andy018 said:

I can see it now... Half Life 2: DOG Shift ... or...

Half Life 2: DOG Force ... or ...

Half Life 2: Day of DOG ... or....

Half Life 2: DOGStrike...

dog owns...wish we got to chill with him longer. def hoping for a mod :thumbs:

I think scripted sequnces still have their place, and shouldn't be left out of games completely - how can you program something to be funny without it being scripted. DOG throwing those cars about had to be some of the best moments :D

I got it!

DOG and Lamarr on new adventures!

hahaha, that would be great :cheese:

Alyx and Kleiner both go missing, and their respective pets team up to rescue them?

Sounds cool to me...

Andy018 said:

... possibly a very boring addon with no weapons like but who knows
Well, Gabe had said he wanted to explore the character further so an expansin might not be entirely out of the question.
And it could be great - being the alien in Avp 1 & 2 you didn't have any weapons and that was amazing!

And don't forget that DOG seems to have a built-in grav gun of some sort (actually seems more like a tractor beam). He can throw even larger things than Gordon can, with his massive strength, and he wouldn't be limited to inanimate objects...

Pauly said:
I like when Dog
When Dog opens up the citadel wall and you jump down, and barney is like, "oh if you see dr. breen, tell him I said F--- you!

Is that what he says?

heh, DOG ROCKS!!

and LOL At Lamar and Dog! I can just picture it...in fact....hmmm...

I just got an idea for a new comic strip, "Lamar and DOG" Simuler to Rita and Runt from Animaniacs. :D

Dog, and the Lamar and Dr Kliener bits were some of the most memorable parts of HL2. I hope they all make a return for an expansion pack or HL3.

If Lamar and DOG were forced to fight each other, Lamar would obviously pwn.

Back