dont get why they are doing that?

commando

Reaction score
Ok What i dont get is why Valve dont release CS:SOURCE BETA to EVERYONE!

i mean think about it. It is only ONE map! One map.. it is like a "DEMO" because demos normally have one-two maps for you to play which are from the final version!

*dont get me wrong i have an ati voucher and uploaded CS:S but i still find it odd that you have to have an ati voucher to download a BETA that is only ONE map. Should be available to all.

well, it looks like they want to boost the sales of CZ and ATI

they are recent customers and there is a better chance that their computers meet the minimum specs

It's for testing purposes, too many people testing would result in too much feedback. Keeping it smaller is more manageable.

And they'd be swamped with information if they released it to everyone.

They would never be able to identify the most important reported bugs in such a large sample. It would take too long.

I'm glad they have only done it to CZ and ATi owners - even do i don't any of them.

Because people who bought a 9800 XT to play Half Life 12 months ago are pretty pissed off as they have a card that is no longer state of the art. This goes a small way to pacify them.

The CZ thing is to push a few more copies before HL2 and CSS come out and it becomes obsolete

Also, if every counter-strike player download CS:S during this week, the bandwidth woudl be shot.

wow great feedback hehe. im not a CZ owner. im a ati owner!

you seriously dont know how happy i am in the last couple of days!

i mean i know half-Life 2 is like coming soooo soon!!! CANT WAIT!

i can get hl2 from steam with my voucher. but i am going to buy it instead. i want the cd/manual/dvd box hehehe :D.

i was going to download it from steam and buy it... But no. "NO" because if i have 2 hl2s on my system that is a HELL of alot of space gone from my comp lol.

If they released it to everyone, more people would hack. I wouldn't hack in the beta if I knew my ATI voucher was at stake.

- cz sales
- small user group means a clear result, in stead of 10000s of whining ppl

If you read Gabe's post you would know.

It was because they want to thank CZ ppl and ATi buyers for buying.

Its because CZ was originaly ment to use the source engine but the push back date(s) forced valve to use the hlaflife 1 engine instead, so its only fair that CZ owners would get to beta test it i guess, and as for ATI Valve probably made a deal involving trading the CS:S Beta CD keys to ATI for some money. why?
1. ATI gets more sales and thus makes more money
2. Valve makes some money too
Sometimes im bad at explaining things so if you dont get what i said tell me and il try and make it more understandable

Back