Doom 4 confirmed .. eventually coming

I hope you still are able to kill everything that scares you.

A few years out though.

Hopefully they will vary the game up more. Doom3 was a disappointment.

Hmm... I'm more interested in the Quake Arena and Wolfenstein sequels he hinted at.
Quake3 is still one of my favorite games, I play it daily. I hope the sequel won't be a let down like Q4 was:(.

If they return to the original formula then doom 4 will be awesome :D I was so dissapointed with 3 ;(

If they return to the original formula then doom 4 will be awesome :D I was so dissapointed with 3 ;(

The original formula being...shoot enemies that pop out of nowhere, grab a colored key, run into another room and shoot enemies, rinse, repeat?

Seems like Doom3 was a pretty good rendition of that.

Cool, Doom 3 was good enough for me. Yes could have been better but w/e. Ill look forward to this.

They should take some tips from Painkiller for Doom 4.

Exactly, less pop outs and scare and more open range fighting.

It better take place on Earth.

^ Yea. I enjoyed it for what it was.

But doom 4? I'm kinda getting tired of sequels...unless there's actually some story left in it that needs to be told.

^ Yea. I enjoyed it for what it was.

But doom 4? I'm kinda getting tired of sequels...unless there's actually some story left in it that needs to be told.

Doom...story. You mean a story in a doom game? :LOL:

I hope Doom 4 will be a hard-core shooter with lots of gore, violence, ****ed-up monsters, tortured people all over the place and some scary bits.

doom 3 was pretty good for what it was. A corridor shooter with sci fi horror elements.

The only serious complaints on the game come from hard bitten seasoned FPS gamer elitists like us, and for that it mainly comes down to nitpickery being blown out of proportion and having different ideas of what the game 'should have been.'

For me, only things that bugged me was the 22 degree cartoonish fire cone on the shotty, how the soul cube felt a little superflous, and how some enemies could have either been used more, or made more interesting to fight (some mods have addressed this, such as the unpredictable ai mod, which on difficult settings can make a single imp a very hard fight). The flashlight never bugged me that much as I had it hotkeyed to my mouse.

Overall though I liked the experience the game provided, the graphics were nice, there was attention to detail, the sound was good, the story and gameplay were a little tired but worked. If they are gonna improve on what they learned from 3, 4 could prove to be interesting. Much like crytek learned a lot from their mistakes on farcry to address them in crysis.

I should develop the game. Meaning do utterly no programming work, but just explain what I want from DOOM 4.... and approve of the models and animations.

Read the books, own all the DOOM games, can name all the monsters from the old ones, etc etc etc.

It's gotta be on earth. Post apocalyptic feel to it, but not too futuristic even though it does take place in the future. Suburbs that have been destroyed, lots of fires, large cities that have been completely assimilated into a hellish citadel, a red sick sky (or green). Multiple areas of travel (Utah must be one of them along with NYC, etc)

I want to start out in the smaller cities, then work your way up to larger ones. This game needs to be co-op with vehicles. Bring back all the old monsters, lose the flashlight, give me the brass knuckles again plz. Various survivors and cities that have held up against the hellish onslaught. Zombies, zombies zombies. Everywhere.

You go into a grocery market, bam! Filled with zombies. All sorts. Fatties especially. The ocean is poisoned (red like blood?) and huge gargantuan beasts/monsters in the ocean that sink boats or something like that.

And last but not least, I want both an old wooden stock 12 gauge shotgun, and the hud must include your face like it did with the old one.

I R WIN

And last but not least, I want both an old wooden stock 12 gauge shotgun, and the hud must include your face like it did with the old one.
QFE. The Doom1 shotty is perhaps my favourite gun in any game ever... I just love the sound and gameplay balance of it. (Unless you were talking about the double barrelled one).

QFE. The Doom1 shotty is perhaps my favourite gun in any game ever... I just love the sound and gameplay balance of it. (Unless you were talking about the double barrelled one).

Nah, just the single barreled. I dont think there's anything better than taking down a leathery brown imp with a nice shotgun blast.

Back