Dorms are small

theotherguy

Reaction score
So I discovered this is the dorm I will be living in next year:

double1.jpg

This is worth the $10,000 a year I'm paying for room and board!

My dorm last year was a corner room on the floor, so it was a bit bigger than the average room.

Some other fun facts about my room:
-the door doesnt close all the way, so I can hear everything in the hall or from other people's rooms, including buttsex and guitar hero at 3 am
-the floor IS COLD
-a strange type of insect lived with us for awhile that looked like a centipede from hell
-everyone who has dry erase boards on their doors has massive penis' drawn on them

Looking forward to another year in the same room

what a ****in rip off, that small piece of shit for 10k a year?

Do want audio clip of buttsex complimented with Guitar Hero.

Looks like you will be getting to know your roommate really, really well.

You could tell it was buttsex just by listening to it?

Well, I guess if they were yelling stuff like, "yeah! put it in my bumhole!" or "ooh, yeah, my DICK is in your ASS!" it would be kind of obvious.

Do want audio clip of buttsex complimented with Guitar Hero.

College life summarized. Oh man, to be a Guitar Hero playing, Natural Ice drinking, pot smoking detriment to society. To live amongst the bros, ultra-nerdy and bleached-hair having wannabe coasties. College life at the average American university is so similar throughout.

Am I excited to go back? yes.

My first thought on reading the thread title was "orly?", but after seeing that picture, it's "damn son, that's tiny!"

Im glad I never stayed in a dorm. Apartments for the motha****ing win.

Looks like you would be better off in a jail cell.

I can't believe you're paying nearly 30 bucks per day on that. :eek:

Seriously, if you're paying the 10,000 for just that room and nothing else, just get an apartment... Midrange apartments in Texas, at least around here... are around 800-1000 dollars per right? You're paying nearly 1,000 dollars per month in that tiny little room, when you'd have a room or even possibly two, a bathroom and everything in an apartment. Granted, gas is different, but won't be bad if you're within walking or biking distance.

room and board = room/food/water/electric though, but yeah, that's a lot of money for a little room - even if it was all to yourself

I can't believe you're paying nearly 30 bucks per day on that. :eek:

Seriously, if you're paying the 10,000 for just that room and nothing else, just get an apartment... Midrange apartments in Texas, at least around here... are around 800-1000 dollars per right? You're paying nearly 1,000 dollars per month in that tiny little room, when you'd have a room or even possibly two, a bathroom and everything in an apartment. Granted, gas is different, but won't be bad if you're within walking or biking distance.
In florida where I was it was like 600 bucks for a 1 bedroom apartment. 800 for two bedrooms (thus making it 400 bucks a month for each person).

But some colleges require you to take your first semester while living in a dorm, sometimes even the whole first year.

So I discovered this is the dorm I will be living in next year:

double1.jpg

This is worth the $10,000 a year I'm paying for room and board!

holy shit. I just realized that your desk is sandwiched between the bed and what looks like a wall. there is no chair there, you'll have to sit on your bed.

either that or you live on one of those 3D rooms that is actually impossible, but still looks 3D (what is the name of that?)

LoL the door hinges aren't even attached, but they look like they connect to the edge of your desk

The one on the left has a chair. The one on the right, however, is flush with a cabinet. D'oh.

There looks like theres at least 4 feet of space between the cabinet and the desk.

Learn perspective newb. If the pic was taken from a lower spot, or angled down so we could see the bottom of the cabinet, you would see that it wouldnt stick out nearly as far as you're thinking.

EDIT: By going to the website, I am proven right.

double2.jpg

Look at my edit sucka. Aint no argument to be had.

Horny bastards! :naughty:

Okay, I promise I'll make a recording next time this situation occurs.

I am not satisfied with the conclusion of this debate. I demand more groveling!

Yep, that is my room alright. Two cabinets, two tiny desks, with four feet in between the beds and four feet in between the desks and the door.

$10,000 is for the rent, heating, electrical, internet, food, water, etc. This is the same price paid by everyone, regardless of what type of room you are living in.

What I plan on doing is renting a lofting kit, lifting my bed about 6-8 feet off the floor, and putting the desk underneath. That will save me some space to put some of my other stuff.

But still, its going to be a tight fit. :(

That's effing tiny. You're being ripped off to hell - Even in my first year halls, my room was bigger than that, AND I didn't have to share with another person!

Why are there beds in the closet where you put your clothes?

The setup of my dorm room looks a lot like that, except bigger. Like there is space for a large rug in between the beds, whereas yours is like, you can wake up in the morning and run into your roommates bed. There's also space between the desk and dresser for a bookcase, and a sink area by the door.

As for computer set-up, you could just turn your computer to face your bed and sit on your bed. That's what I did, because I was lazy and discovered that I could very quickly transition from writing reports to falling asleep. Also because I don't like the idea of people walking in the door and watching me :p. Kinda screwed up the blood circulation in my legs though.

Jesus, that's smaller than my dorm was and I was alone.
10, 000 dollars a year? That's absurd.

College life summarized. Oh man, to be a Guitar Hero playing, Natural Ice drinking, pot smoking detriment to society. To live amongst the bros, ultra-nerdy and bleached-hair having wannabe coasties. College life at the average American university is so similar throughout.

Am I excited to go back? yes.
I wish I could take your place for a while. My uni life is so busy and hardly anyone smokes pot. I would love to be an absolute bum, but instead I get to be britain's bright young future or something like that. yeah right D:

LOL, you'll be living with another guy in the same room?

Gay.

Holy shit dude, that's outrageous.

When I was in catered halls in 1st year they were about $6k a year, the room was about that size but not shared and was en suite.

That's silly. You want to rent an appartment for a cheaper price with loads more space than that.

Back