Dragonball: Adventures Update

A

Azlan

One of the things I like about the Source engine is how dynamic it is. Based on the super popular Japanese anime, Dragonball Z, Dragonball: Adventures has been in preproduction for awhile now, and they've released a new model tonight. This is a skinned model of Vegetto, in 1280x1024, 1024x768, and 800x600. [br]</br>
Dragonball: Adventures is a Single Player mod as of right now, with plans for multiplayer in the works. Vegetto is going to come into play later in the game. [br]

[br]If you like DragonballZ, or just like anime, visit their site by clicking this link.

HOLY CRAP NICE! I'm guessing that's his Final Kamehameha! Totally Kickass Model!

edit: yeah the hair looks kinda crappy, but the rest is good

that is a rocking model, but i don't like DBZ anymore :)

Calling DBZ anime is like calling aspirine an addictive drug.

Sorry, but DBZ should be reserved for the 12 year old who doesn't know what steroids are.

On-topic: The model looks decent, but the hair looks flat and as if it were a wig, however I do understand that it would be difficult to make that type of hair into a 3d model.

Everybody that has to bash DBZ...go to hell. Don't like it, don't post

I'd just like to point out that I am not comparing Dragonball Z to Akira by calling it anime, but it IS in that genre whether you like it or not.
Malfunction said:
Calling DBZ anime is like calling aspirine an addictive drug.

Sorry, but DBZ should be reserved for the 12 year old who doesn't know what steroids are.

On-topic: The model looks decent, but the hair looks flat and as if it were a wig, however I do understand that it would be difficult to make that type of hair into a 3d model.

Was there a point to have three of the same picture at different resolutions?

bgesley426 said:
Was there a point to have three of the same picture at different resolutions?

Not everyone has the same resolution as everyone else :rolleyes:

Actually, I did that because they are three different sized Wallpapers (as it says on their site). :afro:

I wish this were to come out when I still liked DBZ. Heh.

Nice model regardless.

Aren't they gonna get shut down by big bad japan for copyright infringement like the other DBZ HL mods?

Not bad work, keep it up.

Azlan said:
I'd just like to point out that I am not comparing Dragonball Z to Akira by calling it anime, but it IS in that genre whether you like it or not.

I know, I know, but I despise those "x-treme" kids who watch DBZ and then become anime gurus.

Morganhahaha said:
Aren't they gonna get shut down by big bad japan for copyright infringement like the other DBZ HL mods?

LoL, I wouldn't be surprised, especially on the Source engine ;(

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Lawsuit in 5...4....

Morganhahaha said:

Thats bs, the ones that say that just didn't want to go on, I will point to ESF, been in the making for over 3 or 4 years....yet they haven't been shut down....DBQ got "shut-down" because no one even worked on it, so the "cease and desist order" was their excuse, BFP quit the DBZ theme because of the team members, etc.

I have yet to see any HL DBZ mods get shut down, so I mean don't worry about it.

Well apart from the fact it hasn't got permission and will be shut down unless the company really is stupid.

Why is someone making a mod of a show for kids that are too young to buy the game with the engine to run the mod in the first place :p

erm... so we can all have a good time saying what a load of bollocks it is?

nice model ..if you're into characters who have big eyes small feet and hugely disporportionate bodies ...if they were real they'd be able to see hundreds of miles, unable to stand up, and would be in excrutiating pain because of their deformities :E

but ya looks good :) one point though ....maybe you should try something original ..it'd be a shame to work so hard on something only to get it shut down because of copyright infringement

CptStern said:
but ya looks good :) one point though ....maybe you should try something original ..it'd be a shame to work so hard on something only to get it shut down because of copyright infringement

psst..

who are you talking to?

Jangle said:
psst..

who are you talking to?

hmmm I thought it was obvious I was talking to you ....I'm looking right at you, who else would I be speaking to? :E

If you listen carefully, you can hear the lawyers filing "cease and desist" orders at this very moment.

Mountain Man said:
If you listen carefully, you can hear the lawyers filing "cease and desist" orders at this very moment.

I will say this again, look at ESF and DragonModZ. Did they get shut down? No. End all of this talk now.

ESF looks tight as nuts, but i doubt it could fully describe the gameplay potential of dbz. budokai and budokai 3 ive played, both totally ROCKED minus the crap storymode in 3. yea, physics bouncy glowing balls like in hl2, i could see alot of promise in a dbz mod in source, as long as they got the uber ass coders

guys.. why dont u comment on this in aspect of playing it as a fricken mod for a game. not based on how good the anime is

DiSTuRbEd said:
Thats bs, the ones that say that just didn't want to go on, I will point to ESF, been in the making for over 3 or 4 years....yet they haven't been shut down....DBQ got "shut-down" because no one even worked on it, so the "cease and desist order" was their excuse, BFP quit the DBZ theme because of the team members, etc.

I have yet to see any HL DBZ mods get shut down, so I mean don't worry about it.

one of the team members of DBQ (whom I think is working for some company now) said how it was true on the fourms of another dbz mod that he started helping out.

Source is suppose to have some kinda special physic support for melee fighting so yeah we could proably see some nice stuff. I know one thing that is supported by source has to do with connecting models together or something.

Back