DreamHack Winter 2006. 10.000 ppl worlds biggest LAN. Whos going?

Ravioli

Microboner
Reaction score
DreamHack winter 2006 will start november 30 to december 3rd. They are counting about 10.000 people will come. Dreamhack is a huge LAN party in Sweden were gamers gather together and play games and participate in tournaments. CPL will be held there to, ppl like Heaton should be there. They have tournaments in all kinds of games, music, dance, modeling, mapping, shitloads of stuff. If ur not pro but just a normal noob gamer you can still noob out with people and play games and have fun and just chill or mess around you know. Its pro shit!

Im not going cuz i planned to late, but i will be there Summer 2007 with my friends.

So...is anyone here going? Would be cool if i could meet some ppl here over there.

Heres a 1hr long video about some guys going to dreamhack, they speak swe but just to get a picture of how huge it is you can watch it: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1621580034701749636&q=dreamhack

also heres a small funny clip of a guy scaring someone: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8827954195877757521&q=dreamhack

Another video at youtube showing some guys waking ppl up with a megaphone rofl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg5UEVbmpYU

sure.....i'll go...... anyone wanna uhh..send me some money and a plane ticket?

I'll use my transporter... Don't be surprised if I appear in your house

Nah, I'm in the states.
Biggest Lan I went to was in Utah, 200 + people.
Meh

I like the smaller LANs. All those big LANs are rust a bunch of people dicking around on computers.

That would be a networking nightmare. No thanks.

"Hey everyone, theres a girl! Everyone crowd around her and comment on how good she is in CS with her 2-20 ratio. But hurry up, her boyfriend that dragged her to this place is almost back."

That would be a networking nightmare. No thanks.

It usually works out alright from what I've heard. It's not like it's the first time they're doing it. I'm heading over there one day to do a radio bit with some friends but I don't have the inclination to buy a ticket. Costs too much. Which sucks cause every single one of my friends are going.

Lots of viruses for everyone.

I was there Winter 05 where Microsoft had a server counting virus and while I can't remember the exact number, it was well over 200 000 and counting. MS isnt there anymore since they did'nt want to ban warez :)

Anyways, Winter 05 got the current world record with 5800 something computers, I bet they will beat themselves this year.

Me and my group placed 5:th in 2 democompos that year, can't remember which ones though :) We did'nt play all that much (long live the demoscene!) But when we did it was awesome. We sat on row 3 (aka the deaf-zone) and playing Serious Sam 2 and all of the sudden some GOA DJ came up on scene playing the best goa set i've ever heard. My cellphone told us 110db where we were sitting but I don't think he played that loud... but the picture in our monitors vibrated from the music :)

Lanparties should be parties with live DJ's, crazy chipdemos and chipmusic 24/7, too bad Dreamhack is going away from that in favor for the gamers (stupid gamers!).

But there's always Assembly in Finland :)

I've been to Assembly twice, and I'll hopefully have the chance to attend to Dreamhack next year.

The best Lans I've ever attended had 4 people, including myself.
I don't think I've laughed so hard either.

I wonder if I could get IBM to lend me a super computer for a few days?

Back