Dreamscape: Pin Point Blank - Game Designer(s) Wanted!

laeth

Reaction score
Please be advised this is a voluntary, non-paid position!

Dreamscape: Pin Point Blank and its team are currently looking for several game designers, to assist in fleshing out the game’s design document and help implement key game mechanics. Using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Game Designers will be required to assist the Lead Designer in the documentation of key game features / mechanics and ensure that the finished product is as functional / balanced as possible.

Potential candidates should be very detailed orientated and perfectionists at heart. Please be advised – we are not looking for BIG IDEA GUYS – so please do not apply if you are looking to implement your own existing concepts into someone else’s game.

Candidates should also meet the following requirements:

• Excellent written / oral communication skills
• Hardcore games player
• Strong organisational and structural approach to their work

Bonuses:

• Previous Game Design experience
• Additional talents (i.e. modelling, scripting, dialogue writing, QA etc.)
• Good degree in a related subject
• Completed modification project

This is an excellent opportunity for someone to get hands on experience in a hotly anticipated mod. For more information about Dreamscape and the team behind it – please visit the mod’s official website;

http://www.dreamscapemod.com or visit http://mods.moddb.com/5569/dreamscape-pin-point-blank/.

water_50213.jpg

water_50207.jpg

Please send all applications, with any examples of work to [email protected].

If you do not hear back within one week, please treat your application as unsuccessful.

Egoncalo + SixThree teaming up again!

I'd be totally interested if I had more time available. Good luck on it guys.

Would this be balancing weapon damage and stuff like that?

The game designer will be responsible for taking existing concepts / features and going into greater detail about how those features actually work within the game. Designers will liaise with programmers, artists, mappers and other key personnel, to ensure that the games vision is maintained and that the end users experience is one that they will not forget ;).

Balancing, script writing, UI design etc. are all aspects of the game that the designer will be asked to design. When all game features are complete (to at least a basic standard) – the designer will be asked to assist in other key game development duties and play test / QA new builds as and when they arrive.

Hope that clears a few things up. Any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

YAY YORICK!! caps

look at my sig.

The game designer will be responsible for taking existing concepts / features and going into greater detail about how those features actually work within the game. Designers will liaise with programmers, artists, mappers and other key personnel, to ensure that the games vision is maintained and that the end users experience is one that they will not forget ;).

Balancing, script writing, UI design etc. are all aspects of the game that the designer will be asked to design. When all game features are complete (to at least a basic standard) – the designer will be asked to assist in other key game development duties and play test / QA new builds as and when they arrive.

Hope that clears a few things up. Any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

Sounds like pretty "basic" stuff, stuff that should already been worked out. The mod looks like it's a good way into development.

Anyways, I won't be poisoning your thread with my stupid questions. Mod looks nice, good luck with it! I would apply too but I already got enough work :)

YAY ME!! Or perhaps not yay me, since I haven't heard back yet.

Your sig says like, qwiif, and I don't know what that means.

I changed it.

And sound it out.

YAY ME!! Or perhaps not yay me, since I haven't heard back yet.

Your sig says like, qwiif, and I don't know what that means.

Apologies - my brithday weekend, so i've been away from the computer and haven't had the chance to respond as of yet. You should hear something soon once I get in touch with a few people :)

Cheers!

Back