Duplicate CZ cd key = no cs source beta?

lord finesse

Reaction score
Hello I went out and bought CS - CZ new and wanted to register it and get ready for cs source beta. Until I got a message when trying to register that my valid cd key on the front of the case is a duplicate! Then it told me to email [email protected] with picture of my cd-key; cd; and receipt because I was one of the unfortunate people to get a duplicate cd cover with a duplicate cd key. Despite I bought CS-CZ new at compusmart I couldn't register it since it was duplicate. Now I'm waiting on vugames to get back to me with my new cd key. My question is if they don't get back to me in time for the pre-load or load phase which we now know is 18th for CZ then will I not be able to play the Source beta? What are the in's and out's of this please, somebody verify for me. Otherwise I'll be taking CZ back if I don't get to play the beta.

p.s. I didn't know where else to post this but in the troubleshooting section.

The CS:S beta is just like the Q3Test of 4 years ago. It is beta designed to test the engine and net code as well as check for compatability among a wide range of systems. The CS:S beta will only have one level and be available for a limited time. The CS:S beta will be released to CS:CZ owners later this month.

The CS:S beta is more marketing hype than anything. So don't worry if you can't play it.

So your telling me you don't know whether I will still be eligiable if I don't get it registered in time. Well fact of it is I bought it and its either I get my cd key in time for the preload to register it and be able to pre-load it or I send it back for a refund/exchange.

Back