E-mail from GAME about preorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcane

Reaction score
I sent an email to the retail store GAME about the version I would be getting with my preorder and just got the following reply:-

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Half life 2 will only have one version released with both single and multiplayer included in it. The release date has changed to November sometime.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me again. Alternatively please call 0800 317 778.
Regards,

Ian Mason

Customer Services Assistant

Game Stores Group LTD

So hopefully I will be getting the SP/MP, but they don't seem to know much about it and also still saying November, though the ad on their website is now TBC.

gameshops are weird, they never know the right things :\

GAME in the UK are owned by Electronics Botique (or the other way round) who are complete tards.

dude, dont believe that date. IT WILL SHIP Sept. 30th. It's just false accusations and assumptions at this point. But it will ship 9/30.

The tards will most likely have the "normal" (middle) version w/ both SP and MP (and mod support), as if they didn't have it... who would? That's the version marketted to them...

I'm more concerned about which version places like Best Buy would have...

note: damn board having their new post and new reply buttons backwards from industry standard order :X

Originally posted by DOOManiac
The tards will most likely have the "normal" (middle) version w/ both SP and MP (and mod support), as if they didn't have it... who would? That's the version marketted to them...

I'm more concerned about which version places like Best Buy would have...

note: damn board having their new post and new reply buttons backwards from industry standard order :X

Im sure Best Buy et al. will have both the SP/MP and SP only versions

The different SKUs may only be a US thing.

I know that Red Alert, when it was released in the US had two difference boxes "Windows" and "DOS", but in the UK you got the DOS one and the Windows one in the same box.

thats cool :). Things in the US tend to be a bit more tedious and difficult compared to the rest of the world. lol :afro:

The one thing I have learned from time in betas and on forums over the last 4 or 5 years is that retail outlets for computer games know absolutely nothing and they make up dates to try to persuade grandmothers to part with their money as a prepaid birthday gift for their equally clueless 6 year old grandkids. Just ignore them altogether and you'll be a lot happier.

Originally posted by Feath
The different SKUs may only be a US thing.

I know that Red Alert, when it was released in the US had two difference boxes "Windows" and "DOS", but in the UK you got the DOS one and the Windows one in the same box.
The mass market/low-end/Walmart segment is much more important in the US where a just a couple of retailers account for something like half the sales of CDs, DVDs, and video games. This is why record labels need to have "clean" versions of CDs for the religiously-moralistic Wallmart. They command that much market power.

I agree with Feath. Most Europeans and many others would see multiple versions as needless complication and marketing gimmicks. European distributors will probably only sell the "standard" version, and maybe the collector's edition.

Originally posted by Volcane
I sent an email to the retail store GAME about the version I would be getting with my preorder and just got the following reply:-

So hopefully I will be getting the SP/MP, but they don't seem to know much about it and also still saying November, though the ad on their website is now TBC.

GAME is basing this "delay" with no evidence. It's just another uninformed guess, and has already been discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back