E3 2004 Video - Better Quality

Reaction score
I was out to buy the german PC Games-magazine to learn more about CS Source and getting a better quality of the video. Accidentaly I bought the June-edition, which was an E3-special. The included DVD had a better quality-version (almost DVD) of the E3 2004 video. I watched it and I even noticed some things I never saw before. Screenshots included.

Look at glass.jpg. I never noticed the nice effect. And in picture.jpg I noticed a photo. Maybe someone else noticed this before.
Also in the second strider-part I saw something new. There are two striders and after a while one of them starts running back to the street, where he continues his shooting at an unseeable target. The animation looked like a running spider, absolutely amazing to watch. At the moment I'm busy converting the DVD-movie to DivX 2000kbps.

[EDIT]
Sound is a bit better too. I never hearded women scream in the strider-part :eek:

Attachments

• Screen #1.jpg
    Screen #1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,901
  • Screen #2.jpg
    Screen #2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,725
  • Screen #3.jpg
    Screen #3.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,720
  • Glass.jpg
    Glass.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,874
  • Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,783
Wow, very nice. This needs to be distributed.

Yes, considering Valve will ass about for another few months trying to get the BINK's released.

Distribute!

Yeah, I'm really waiting for the binks but this could be great, I want to see the lipsync on the guys at the trainstation and the apartments coz the Quicktime is too poor quality.

wow do it!! These look much much higher quality! just make sure it doesnt looses anyting in the decode from DVD to divx :)

The lipsynch on Father Gregory looked very good too. I'll let you know how big the file will be after the ripping is done.

Awesomeness *dances*

Some of them could be mistaken for photos ^^

Crusader said:
Awesomeness *dances*

Some of them could be mistaken for photos ^^

not quite, I cant see the aliasing lines yet ;) unless they had AA on in the E3 2k4 vids?

Can you check wether there is a guy in a bin in the train station.....?

clarky003 said:
not quite, I cant see the aliasing lines yet ;) unless they had AA on in the E3 2k4 vids?
I dunno, it's still a compressed size. There are parts in the crane scene that lead me to believe that AA was off or on a low setting.

Yes, I clearly said it looks precisely like a photograph. :p

Abom said:
I dunno, it's still a compressed size. There are parts in the crane scene that lead me to believe that AA was off or on a low setting.

yeh ,, it'll be intresting to see when the binks arrive.

If its gonna be DivX, has anyone got a link to the old DivX player that doesn't include that Gain Gator spyware crap, i just had to format because of that.

Looking forward to the vid.

wow this looks great, i was a bit dissapointed with the gamespy one cos of the quality, but this looks set to wipe away those blues! finally we can put to rest the bin-man issue!

-Jim

this video will be cool, but i hate having to keep the uncompressed version of the gamespy video on my machine b/c its too big to burn to cd. this one will cause the same problem. my compressed e3 2k4 video always freezes when i try to run it from its cd.

This just poses a question to me... What the hell is taking so long in getting the binks out?

It's like they're aiming to gradually increment the video quality by a couple of pixels a week until the game comes out ^^

... and after we all spend 12 hours downloading this movie from the same server at 3kb/s, you just know they will release the binks.

I'm almost positive that is a person in the trashcan...I don't know what else it could be. maybe it is just a civilian who doesn't want to go where the combine want him, so he's hiding in there. Very strange. We probably wont know until the game comes out. But maybe if it is, we can knock over the trash can and expose him and get him in trouble, LOL.

Must...have...

Someone upload it somewhere allready, or put up a torrent or something.

I needs it! :D

coleslawjoe said:
... and after we all spend 12 hours downloading this movie from the same server at 3kb/s, you just know they will release the binks.
That would really yank my crank!!!

SSJ4Vegita2002 said:
I'm almost positive that is a person in the trashcan...I don't know what else it could be. maybe it is just a civilian who doesn't want to go where the combine want him, so he's hiding in there. Very strange. We probably wont know until the game comes out. But maybe if it is, we can knock over the trash can and expose him and get him in trouble, LOL.

If it IS an easter egg, I doubt it will be in the final game.

I watched it and I think I know which bin you mean. There's absolutely nothing in it. Just a bit of reflection.

Attachments

• Bin01.jpg
    Bin01.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,091
  • Bin02.jpg
    Bin02.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,085
thats so much clearer,, thats part of the bin.. lol, its not a person atall or a picture. nice pics ;)

is that the G-man, or administrator in the background of the middle of the second picture :O, in the glass doorway? just to the right of the Breen display. certainly looks like a person.. a civilian?

I saw that too. You see the person in the beginning too and he/she looked a bit like Alyx to me.

hmm. yeh certainly intresting.. I cant wait for the binks,. but this seems like its excellent quality.

Back