lePobz

Tank
Reaction score
Three words: -

Sony.
Microsoft.
Nintendo.

http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050201_105234.html

That's right folks, the PS3, Xbox2 and Revolution will be in playable format at E3 2005 (may this year) - that means playable, folks ... not just videos of what these machines can do.

It's going to be one hell of an E3 this year :D Who's going btw?

I'll be there in spirit :)

All the consoles will be in my living room once they're released.

It's a great time to be into video games \o/

In-****ing-deed :)
I want the XB2, hope it gets nice launch titles...

meh ..I'm not all the excited about the next gen consoles ..oh did you hear? ..xbox2 launch titles include Call of Duty 2 and Quake 4!!!! PC TITLES!!! EVIL MICROSOFT! they're trying to make me buy a xbox2!! and it might work!!!

we need to ban the evil evil consoles before they destroy our beloved pc games!! ;)

btw I have an xbox with halo 2 sitting in the drive for over a month now collecting dust ..rather play a good pc game

i wish i could go, of course there's only one real machine of any note, and that's the PS2, though I'd like to see what Nintendo has up its sleeve that's going to "revolutionize" the way we game

they are so sharp, no way am i buying xbox2, i thought call of
duty 2
was coming out on pc? ...

im a big fan of call of duty :D

im never ever buying consoles again.

im sticking with my PC and the PC games thx.

It will, xbox 2 and PC are going to be so interchangable with XNA we will see alot of the xbox's games and they will see alot of ours.

A true FPS should be played with a virtual reality suit and uber realistic goggles.

lePobz said:
A true FPS should be played with a virtual reality suit and uber realistic goggles.
That's like so true acctually!:LOL:

lePobz said:

a true fps should be played with live ammo :rolling:

Icarusintel said:
i wish i could go, of course there's only one real machine of any note, and that's the PS2

lol :thumbs:

That's truely awesome for gamers. This should be an interesting May.

Funny thing is....after all the speculation on the power of these 3 machines.....I think we're gonna see that most every game looks the same on all three systems....graphically. Which one is going to be unique?? I have my bet's on the Revolution. All I really want from Nintendo is real-time Dolby Digital like the XBox and I'll be thrilled.

I'm fairly certian that this E3 is gonna be something special. Nintendo seems to have about three dozen cards up its sleeve, Sony's claims to the power of PS3 are extraordinary, and MS is probably going to have the XB2 out within the year.
Its sure as hell going to be interesting no matter what happens.

MurderScene said:
pfft, stupid consoles. just get a damn pc, does the same thing.

Im getting a next gen console and you know why? because I don't have to buy a $500 graphics card again with another processor just to be able to play my games at max settings. While I have my next gen console you will be whiniing about why your game is crashing on your PC or why your game is lagging, while me and others will have no problems like that. Another thing the next gen consoles will be more powerful then my High end PC I have right now, so why waste money upgrading when I can just buy a new console thats cheaper then another graphics card. I'll be happy for a long time with an Xbox2 and PS3 on my HDTV for years.

Well, I went last year so hopefully I'll get a chance to go again this year. It should be one hell of a show. The only problem is that I'll be graduating with my AA this year so Im not sure if that'll get in the way of E3. If so, no problem. I'll just catch most of it on Gamespot. They have the best E3 coverage. :thumbs:

Apollo 13 said:
Im getting a next gen console and you know why? because I don't have to buy a $500 graphics card again with another processor just to be able to play my games at max settings. While I have my next gen console you will be whiniing about why your game is crashing on your PC or why your game is lagging, while me and others will have no problems like that. Another thing the next gen consoles will be more powerful then my High end PC I have right now, so why waste money upgrading when I can just buy a new console thats cheaper then another graphics card. I'll be happy for a long time with an Xbox2 and PS3 on my HDTV for years.

true fact

also I heard that there is going to be a game on xbox that uses the unreal3 engine and it run smooth,and I hear that the UE3 engine in a Pc whit the latest Ati cards tuns whit like 20fps so if all this is true the next concoles will be a beasts

I cant wait

but I think the next gen consoles will be expensive :(

<RJMC> said:
true fact

also I heard that there is going to be a game on xbox that uses the unreal3 engine and it run smooth,and I hear that the UE3 engine in a Pc whit the latest Ati cards tuns whit like 20fps so if all this is true the next concoles will be a beasts

I cant wait

but I think the next gen consoles will be expensive :(

The game your talking about is Gears of War. The pics that been posted all over the net of the Unreal engine are rumored to be from Gears of War.

I read this article about how the new playstation3 archetecture could replace the PC. Its powerful suffice to say.

If I go it will only be to sneak in and steal some of the stuff being showcased. Then distribute it on the internet and get myself a l33t reputation. :cheese:

MjM said:
I read this article about how the new playstation3 archetecture could replace the PC. Its powerful suffice to say.

Take that statement with a pinch of salt however. While Sonys "Cell" processer may be a super processer (Although all we have is PR to say that it is.) If I Recal Sony have also said they don't want to work with companys like Microsoft in order to "Protect" their own distribution rights or something.

Potentially thats a shot in the foot.

Not to mention telling people who are happy with their current processers they need to upgrade to a potentially expensive chip. I have a feeling the "Cell" processer may flop like many other "Revolutions" in the Tech World. One thing people must learn when dealing with tech is that there has to be some good use to it or a need for the technology. Otherwise people just won't buy it. Just think of the amount of people still using OS's like Windows 98. A lot of people using technology think "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

Apollo 13 said:
The game your talking about is Gears of War. The pics that been posted all over the net of the Unreal engine are rumored to be from Gears of War.
yeah I remenber

also why all the PC fanboys cry for this?

the Pc will get the same graphics quality in maybe a year

beraiviodk said:
nonsense. PC owns consoles anyday.
I agree, PCs are more than for just gaming, you don't need the lastest graphics card just to use the internet or do other business.

While I'd say a PC is essential because of its other functions, it has a hard time beating the consoles in plain gaming fun.

I just read that Activision is going to release Quake 4
Tony Hawk's Underground 3, Ultimate Spiderman, and Call of Duty 2 for the Xbox2. Those same titles should be out on the PC but im sure a lot of people will have to upgrade

If I'm not mistaken, a high-end desktop will always outperform a console game. Is this true? I don't own any console games, but I'd love somebody to show me.

P4 3.4GHz w/ HT
1 GB DDR2 RAM
800 MHz FSB
15K, 36GB SCSI HD
nVidia 6800 GT
SB Live! 5.1

Adabiviak said:
If I'm not mistaken, a high-end desktop will always outperform a console game. Is this true? I don't own any console games, but I'd love somebody to show me.

P4 3.4GHz w/ HT
1 GB DDR2 RAM
800 MHz FSB
15K, 36GB SCSI HD
nVidia 6800 GT
SB Live! 5.1

depends

when the PS2 and xbox and gamecube where released a high end PC didnt get the same graphical level,it was in the 2003 when the Pc games get the same level

so that depend when the hardware is released

also I heard that doom3 cant get the settings on the maximun quality cuz need videocards that are not in sale yet,right?

so if there is going to be a new generation of consoles released,a high end PC will not be too powerfull as the console IMO

also I heard that doom3 cant get the settings on the maximun quality cuz need videocards that are not in sale yet,right?
Needs 512 video cards which arn't to far off.

Console games don't have to have a lot of backround programs hogging the memory from your gaming. Also when developing for a console you are only making it for one setup, with computers there are millions of potentially different setups to optimize for.

Anyway, I sure am excited to see what the Revolution has to offer being a Nintendo fanboy like myself.

X|Rolando said:
A true FPS should be played with a keyboard and mouse IMO :)
Quoted for emphasis. They can have their QIV and CoD2, but don't make them XB2 only or heads will roll.

I got the invitation in the mail a few months ago for the Industry-exclusive (as in no public, only those in gaming industry duh) but I don't have the funds to drive out to LA... I want to though :) Next year maybe

Anyways this year will be truly interesting, when you get all the consoles it will be great to see some games running on them and show their true power (let's hope for no crashes unlike at the CES :D )

When consoles are released be aware they are always made better than what 95% of what PC users have, because with consoles you can't upgrade, so they throw the most expensive stuff in there and all that jazz

XBox 2 is running two 3.5 or 3.2 GHz CPU's I believe.... The Cell chip should be impressive :)

But hell I'm a graphics whore, show me those pretty pictures :D

Oh and guys for that "immersive-ness" check out the CAVE system (google for "Quake CAVE" :) )

lePobz said:
A true FPS should be played with real guns and real people and a hefty jail sentence, with an unlockable death sentence.

Somebody is just going to make a keyboard peripheral for the xbox, why are you all so hell bent on the mouse and keyboard. Consoles are great. Your points moot anyway, I could easily throw linux on the xbox and have both.

Back