EA Spring Showcase thread.

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
Valve has gotten to the point of the game now being from "incredibly awesome" to "QWRERUT THAT'S AWESOME!!!11" level. The game is only a handful of months away, less because May is almost over with so they have started advertising to full power. What a better way than in the Summer in gaming events. :E I'm going to make a list of stuff that was mentioned in the news post but there has been even more interviews with new videos believe it or not. DigiQ had to get after me in fact because there was new interviews, just minutes after he threw up the news announcement. So just check this thread out every few hours.

The way they scream when they're being killed is kinda creepy....but good.

It's amazing what they've done so far, just think of what they can do in 6 months :naughty:

A common complaint I get from these articles is that it's way too noisy for people to hear what is going on in the game. They should provide noise canceling headphones for players to use.

Holy shit, I wish I were in the US.
It's the shipping isn't it? :( I saw that they are selling the octopus like Hunter and Vortigaunt plushies together for $50. Then I saw that if you bought anything for $50 or above, you get free shipping and handling. I'm probably getting mine like next week or something. I'm in no rush eaither way, ya know?

I still don't think I entirely understand this game.

So there's two modes from what I can tell
1) You play with 0-3 other people (AI substitutes?) through a story campaign
2) A deathmatch mode where you play through levels with player controlled zombies

Do I have this right?

It's a cooperative game.
You and a few other people play through maps and complete objectives while staving off zombie attacks.

I cannot ****ing wait for it, I used to be a complete skeptic but I'm now officially pumped.

I still don't think I entirely understand this game.

So there's two modes from what I can tell
1) You play with 0-3 other people (AI substitutes?) through a story campaign
2) A deathmatch mode where you play through levels with player controlled zombies

Do I have this right?
The Story mode or single player mode is the story campaign with AI controlled zombies. That's to get the full experience from a Survivor point of view while keeping the story.
The Deathmatch mode is what you are familiar with and anybody can play both Infected or Survivors.

I really don't like the names neither. They should just have it as a server side option. Everybody will play Story mode first then probably Deathmatch as an Infected or something later.

The Story mode or single player mode is the story campaign with AI controlled zombies. That's to get the full experience from a Survivor point of view while keeping the story.
The Deathmatch mode is what you are familiar with and anybody can play both Infected or Survivors.

I really don't like the names neither. They should just have it as a server side option. Everybody will play Story mode first then probably Deathmatch as an Infected or something later.

So you can't go through the story mode in co-op?

So you can't go through the story mode in co-op?
Yes you can. The only difference between the 2 is that one you can play Infected and the other you cannot. It's all about surviving with your buds. :)

Yes you can. The only difference between the 2 is that one you can play Infected and the other you cannot. It's all about surviving with your buds. :)

Awesome. I imagine you can have up to 3 people, but they are permitted to drop out at anyime, leaving an AI substitute. 4 player coop story=win.

A common complaint I get from these articles is that it's way too noisy for people to hear what is going on in the game. They should provide noise canceling headphones for players to use.

What is the current release date / time frame, I have been ignoring all information so I get the most out of it when it finaly arrives =D

Back