Easter Egg in crossfire?

TinyKilbasa

Reaction score
I think thats the map name. Someone on a server was trying to balance himself on a filecabinet & table, release one of those electric spheres, and something was supposed to happened. Unfortunately, the server crashed on one server, and the other people were being annoying...does anyone else know of this easter egg? what is it, what does it do?

It's not an 'easter egg' it's just a physics trick, much like grav jumping.

When you shoot an orb with the grav gun is flies out very very fast with a great deal of force, so what you do is set up a see-saw (teeter-totter) using two objects. Then stand on the bottom end of the top one and shoot the orb at the other end while jumping, the other end is forced down, forcing your end up (physics) and you go flying in the air.

Nothing really special and not terribly practical due to the set-up time required.

I tried this aswell. It is actually a lot easier than you think to pull off. Just fire the orb at a wall directly infront of you so that it will bounce back at you, press G to get the Gravity Gun out, and then just hold the right mouse button and yuo will grab it.

grabbing the sphere is easy, but setting up the construction is a lot harder

No, when that post was made he was talking about the other crossfire map. It works on any map that has the orbs and enough objects to make a see-saw though.

This includes crossfire:source, I actually used this to see if you'd put clip brushes on the top of the bunker in the middle part with the fence, to see if that'd be a viable sniping spot :)

Back