Easter Egg?

oldi1knoby

Zombie
Reaction score
I have watched the video many times and I can't, for the life of me, figure out what the symbol is on the back of your alllies clothing. They all wear it on the white shirt. They haven't released the High res version of the street sweeping scence so I can't really make it out. It looks like some logo in orange. Anyone figured out what it is?

perhaps the HL logo? it was in orange. I dunno, seems more like a gameplay aspect then an easter egg.. maybe though...

couldent this of been said in one of the 100 treads we have about this? im not flaming im asking nicely, please be do so next time..

I dunno about that being an easter egg, cause it would be there throughout the whole game and be kinda obvious.

BTW, what does the lambda stand for in HL? Its on the HEV suit, but I dont know what it means there.

couldent this of been said in one of the 100 treads we have about this? im not flaming im asking nicely, please be do so next time..
Uhh..Threads? I've only seen posts about this. People first thought they were bullet holes, LOL.

The lambda symbol?

The Lambda symbol... well take the circle off of it and it's the symbol for a half life. Yeah I can't give you much more info beyond that. I haven't taken physics or chemistry yet... which ever that symbol falls into.

Originally posted by FatCombine
Uhh..Threads? I've only seen posts about this. People first thought they were bullet holes, LOL.

I think he might have meant threads about the easter egg

Well, Im pretty sure lambda = wavelength, but what does it mean in HL? Is is the symbol for the lab Gordon works in or something?

Who gives a damn? Here's your Easter Egg.
egg.gif

half-life (hflf, häf-)
n.
Physics. The time required for half the nuclei in a sample of a specific isotopic species to undergo radioactive decay.
Biology.
The time required for half the quantity of a drug or other substance deposited in a living organism to be metabolized or eliminated by normal biological processes. Also called biological half-life.
The time required for the radioactivity of material taken in by a living organism to be reduced to half its initial value by a combination of biological elimination processes and radioactive decay.

lamb·da ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lmd)
n.
The 11th letter of the Greek alphabet. See table at alphabet.
A lambda baryon.

I beleive the lambda symbol in HL is the logo for the lambda complex at black mesa. The symbol inside the circle though is the symbol for a halflife.

Lambda Core, is the name of a part of the black mesa research facility you have to go to. that's why they used the lambda symbol i guess. and due to the radiation and so on.

Right, I must've forgot that the central lab was called lambda, thus the symbol. And I know what a half-life is, but is lambda actually the symbol for it?

Originally posted by Yatta
Who gives a damn? Here's your Easter Egg.
egg.gif

Ya know Mr.Bunny, that is BULLSHIT. Easter was like 3 months ago. I didn't get 1 damn egg. Screw off!

Originally posted by FatCombine

Probably because in one scene a resistance soldier does get shot and a bullet hole does appear on his body.

lambda is the symbol for frequency, like that of the electromagnetic radiation, or anything that has a frequency. There are several threads analyzing the physics (not the game engine type) of half-life, as well as the symbolism and use of scientific terms, etc.

-Phision

im not sure if someone posted this already, but here goes... (someone posted this in the steampowered.com forums)

in the Kleiner's Lab video, when Dr. Kleiner turn to talk to Alyx, the valve on the pipe in the background looks like it's comming out of the back of Dr. Kleiner's head, just like in VALVe's logo...

can this be an easter egg?

the lambda core was a part of the Black Mesa facility, where Gordon got teleported to Xen...if u played hl1 u should know this

Back