EB release date

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wraith

ok, i went to EB and asked the guy when hl2 was coming out, they said that it says november 20th, i told him that valve has still been telling us september 30th and he said that valve officially told EB that it will be released nov. 20th. i asked him what they would do if they got it on september 30th and he said they would not hold it until november 20th, they would start selling them as soon as they get them in. sorry to add another thread to this stupid topic, but i think this one provides useful information.

Vavle didn't officially tell them anything. We would have heard about it as well.

It's pretty unlikely they'll sell the game before the publisher's release date. That's a great way to ensure that the publisher holds up future orders to your store. On the other side of the coin, I'm sure once the game is released to duplication, it will be marks as 'immediate distribution', so it probably won't be an issue at all.

the guy said its on the official "corporate headquarters webiste" that valve has confirmed nov 20th

Someone needs to ask Gabe about Novemeber 20th and not if September 30th is a release date.

If Gabe says they're in playtesting stages, you mean they're spending the next two months friggin playtesting??? Thats horsecrap. lol

nov20th is bs, why is everyone like DUR HURR ITS NOV.20 when it's obviously sept 30th, the guys wouldnt of said it so many times and told us how close it is to going gold this close to sept30th if they were just gonna push it back 2 months, I mean cmon, EB is fulla shit, don't trust anyone's release dates. The people that work there are tards who go by rumors and say they were 'OFFICIALLY TOLD'. They weren't told shit they're speculating. Get over it

Originally posted by forn1x
nov20th is bs, why is everyone like DUR HURR ITS NOV.20 when it's obviously sept 30th, the guys wouldnt of said it so many times and told us how close it is to going gold this close to sept30th if they were just gonna push it back 2 months, I mean cmon, EB is fulla shit, don't trust anyone's release dates. The people that work there are tards who go by rumors and say they were 'OFFICIALLY TOLD'. They weren't told shit they're speculating. Get over it

Forn1x, you have such comforting words ;(

Valve told them the 20th.:rolleyes:

These guys are more arrogant than Fragmaster.

I take it back. No one's more arrogant than Fragmaster.:E

My EB in Australia says November 1st. This to me proves that EB and other retail stores have NFI. :D

Nov 20th seems so far fetched considering we are almost at the middle of September now... my guess is this 'guy' has no clue at the release date and is pulling your leg.

Really stupid for Valve to delay the game til Nov 20th this close to their confirmed release date, and if they do you can expect alot of ppl to download it from their favorite BBS site to save their money for Xmas presents instead and hope they get the game then. I know that Nov 20th is too close to Xmas for me where I will be spending most of my money on my family and not on some game even as great as HL2. But rest assured I will be playing it Nov 21st if it is. :)

Please....PLEASE stop with these threads, everytime one of these is posted, it seems dumber than the last...

:x

Originally posted by scribblehead
Please....PLEASE stop with these threads, everytime one of these is posted, it seems dumber than the last...

:x

Originally posted by Wraith
sorry to add another thread to this stupid topic, but i think this one provides useful information.

ok? ok? STFU!

:afro:

I'd bet on my testicles that the game is not and won't be released on the Sept the 30th. :cheese:

Sry to barge in but im going to post this reply real quick from my previous "Ignorance of you all" so people dont get the wrong impression of the thread

I completely agree with you all, this thread is rather pointless, but it is also a sort of test to see how many of those people are going to flame me for things I have said in an Ill-mannered and childish way, therefore me, being somewhat new to these forums as well as others can avoid those people in the future, and know who we can rely on for information and insight in the future, people like Mountain Man, Para, Vector, and the rest of you who have accurately pointed out the flaws and such with ease, people like that. GJ :)

I'd bet on my testicles that the game is not and won't be released on the Sept the 30th

your on! *starts sharpening knife*

muhahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back