EBgames got owned!

aeroripper

Tank
Reaction score
A store, unknown where so far has broken street date with VALVe and Vividendi Universal Games (VUG\VUGames). This does NOT impact the release of Half-Life 2 whatsoever. Any rumours of people able to play Half-Life 2 over Steam are false as VALVe does not activate content servers for this particular game until 12:01am PST on 16 Nov 2004.

http://img115.exs.cx/img115/7973/no_lies_at_all.jpg

In an E-Mail sent to all EBGames associates, the president of EBGames has stated that the persons who broke the street date at their stores have been terminated. As well, should anyone else break the street date the employee, manager, and district manager will all be held responsible. The e-mail was sent yesterday at aprox 5:30 PM EST.

haha at the poor (probaby) 17 year old that sold his friend hl2 at ebgames and they managed to track it down to who did it :-o

Can people stop posting photos on HL2 boxes and CDs? We have seen enough of them to know it's real.

iamaelephant said:
Can people stop posting photos on HL2 boxes and CDs? We have seen enough of them to know it's real.

seriously. Its not that special. wow.

I really wasn't meaning to make a issue out of somebody actually has the games... just that EBgames totally whipped the guy\people that broke the street date... also i find it scary that valve e-mailed a person that got the game early *eyes dart around thinking big brother

Hey guys I got my HL2 poster signed by the team today :)

No that just means it ships on the 15th (starts shipping out to the people that is)

Zeus said:
No that just means it ships on the 15th (starts shipping out to the people that is)

heh, the EB by where I live always has their games in-store on the ship date.

kekekkee

'EB got owned' as in 'hahah bestbuy sold HL2 first''. Hence eb being owned by bestbuy.

MORON

shut up sixthree you're the moron around here, your post doesnt even make any sense.

and about the dude getting fired, why would he even care? he's 17, getting paid like 5 bucks an hour. its easy as crap to find a comparable job.

Guess what?
I got half life 2 on my computer too!
but I can't play it. Not until i get my magic magic CD key. As well as activation for it.

'EB got owned' as in 'hahah bestbuy sold HL2 first''. Hence eb being owned by bestbuy.

MORON

What's that? Sorry i can't hear you very well, maybe if you take the c*** out of your mouth i could comprehend.

I was just quoting the info thread thing that was posted and commenting about that kid getting fired not necessarily the picture.

Back