Edit where?

process

Reaction score
I'm making a MOD in the source engine & Im pretty happy with my map so far. Now I want to change the HUD & add some of my own code but I'm not 100% where to access this....

I've downlaoded & installed the following

Microsoft Visual C++ express 2005
Microsoft DirectX SDK
Microsoft Platform SDK

The vc++ directories have been linked where appropriate & I'm able to open source code. Not sure if I will get any errors when compiling as I haven't compiled nout yet. The problem is I'm not sure if the 'Game_HL2_2005' located at

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\src

..is the correct file to open & make changes to if wanting to create in-game mod changes. I say this because 1/ I'm not sure! & 2/ because i've searched both the server & client trees but am unable to find any entities that I've named in game?!

Can any 1 help with this?

Yes, to edit your gameing HUD and so forth, you should open the GameHL2_2005 solution. This is the one for editing the game using VC++Ex 2005.

As to your other problem, whaich particular entities are you trying to change (if you dont mind me asking)? Also, have you found any handy tutorials on how to do something related to what you want, or are you just stumbling in blindly, like I did first time round? That was nightmare :p

Andy

Well I was firstly wanting to make a keycode panel that would allow access into a door with a correct code...found out now I can do that with VGUI...

I also need to change the HUD to allow 'collected' items, data & objects to be visually stored.

I'm kinda going in blind yeah but I have some good support. I'm in year 2 of a 'games development & artificial intelligence' degree. We have individually came up with different games concepts & a few will get selected to be made. I've came up with a concept & decided to start making it anyway!

Back