Elite Combine = Stormtroopers

Swift

Reaction score
Anyone Else notice that the Elite Combine are rippoffs of George Lucas's Stormtroopers?

Schiggity Schiggity Schwa!

What? In that they're white?

Hmm

You could say the same bout a lot of things...
Striders = War of the World
Head crabs = Face huggers
Gordon = Richard Branson

It's a fair comparison to make but at the end of the day everything gets inspired by something else.

Maybe the last Star Wars film will have the G-man in or something

The same can be said for Halo 2, Killzone and a huge amount of other games.

edit: We already have the Emperor as the G-Man in Star Wars..

"Wake up... Mr Skywalker. Wake up.. and smell the ashes"

OMG.. The emperor was around way before Half-Life's designers were sperms in there fathers testi's

Wow i honistly classify people that say things like this is the retard section.

Raziel-Jcd you always post some 8 word replys that are always smartass. I wish ppl would just have fun and chill out for god sakes if someone post something dumb in your opinion just move on, like I should have done.

Swift said:
Anyone Else notice that the Elite Combine are rippoffs of George Lucas's Stormtroopers?

Schiggity Schiggity Schwa!

i have to disagree they look nothing like the sotrmtroopers and they dont care laser guns more like mp7s (i think thats the gun)

yeee thats the gun mp7, but no they dont come close to stormtroopers. You can say that this game can have some hidden World War 2 symbolism like lotr movies did.

George Lucas is the ultimate rippof artist so if he's being ripped off, it's only another link in the chain. George ripped off some Kurasawa movie about a fortress (Deathstar) and all the characters are blatant copies (JEDI=SAMURAI anyone?)
Sturmtruppen was the german word I believe for an infantryman (For slang I believe Brits called the STORMTROOPERS) and they both have that cylindrical pack on the small of their back (Just look up some pics in google)

Plus combine are cyborg aliens or something, Stormtroopers are probably conscripted or clones.

As long as Half-life 2 tells the story well and it's enjoyable, I don't care who they are inspired by. George Lucas however, is a thief and an arrogent idiot!

Such hatred I have...

The Thing said:
The same can be said for Halo 2, Killzone and a huge amount of other games.

edit: We already have the Emperor as the G-Man in Star Wars..

Nah, Killzone's enemies are direct steals from Jin-Roh Panzer Division

Yeah, Elite Combines are rip-offs of Storm Troopers, they both have a humanoid appearance, therefore, they are rip-offs of human beings!
:frown:
Both Storm Troopers and Elite Combines are white, but that's where the similarities end.
Storm Troopers are poorly trained soldiers who can't shoot a laser rifle properly whereas the Elite Combines are elite, hence the name: Elite Combines, and are probably extremely powerful.

they look like mgs 2 enemies, same goes for killzone they look similar

i din't like how the combine elite look

they don't look badass at all

there are other combine enemies cooler than them

Combine elite look hardcore.
Come off it man, they look smart as fcuk, tho they do look strangely like Yoda :dork:

Wow, if you make the metro police white, i think even THEY would look more like stormtroopers, but obviously white armor and any sort of helmet are the only perequisites to be a stormtrooper ripoff

They look like 1980's robots.Yes ladies and gentlemen, this is the future.
beep.
Wow, the future sure looks plastic

"Wow i honistly classify people that say things like this is the retard section"

Wow, I honestly classify someone who phrases something so badly on this subject as a hypocrite. Hehe :smoking:

MilkMan12 said:
yeee thats the gun mp7, but no they dont come close to stormtroopers. You can say that this game can have some hidden World War 2 symbolism like lotr movies did.

i swear daniel your crazy

Yeah, they're both white and wear armor, obvious rip-off.

yes the combine are like storm troopers from star wars. The phrase "stormtrooper" was the name given to nazi soldiers who stormed peoples houses and trufed them out or shipped them off.

Lucas obviously called them this to emphasise their evil ;) and the combine are the exact same in c17, they storm apartments and harass people. In fact the combine are closer to the original nazi storm troopers than the star wars ones :p

Even if it did look like a storm trooper , is that illegal ? lmao

They mighta took inspiration from the stoomtrooper character , seen they would go in HL2 and made a similar looking character. Its called development.

Back