Empire: Total War Coming To Steam With a Great Offer, Uses Steamworks

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center">[br]

</div>[br]

Empire: Total War is coming to Steam in exactly 3 months, 2 weeks, 3 days and 4 hours from now (Feb 6, 2009), and if you pre-order ($49.99) now you will get "Rome Total War Gold Edition" for free today.

Empire: Total War introduces a host of revolutionary new features, including true 3D naval combat. For the first time in the Total War series, you will be able to intuitively command single ships or vast fleets upon seascapes rich with extraordinary water and weather effects that play a huge role in your eventual glorious success or ignominious defeat. After pummelling your enemy with cannon fire, close in to grapple their ship and prepare to board, taking control of your men as they fight hand-to-hand on the decks of these wooden behemoths.

Empire: Total War will incorporate Steamworks giving players game updates, downloadable content, friend-list support and achievements. To play single-player Empire: Total War, players need only to connect to the internet once via the Steam client after installing the game. (thanks Sierra Oscar for the heads-up)

Steamworks will serve as Empire: Total War's multiplayer backend, providing server browsing and match-making functionality, bolstering Total War's new level of commitment to multiplayer game modes and features. Further details on multiplayer will be announced soon.

I think this is a great offer and you should not miss it. Click Here for more info.

This is quite significant, is this the first big name retail title to use steamworks?

Sweet.

I hope this becomes more common.

btw for me at least the price is listed as $54.99, not 49.99

Back