Empires

soulslicer

Tank
Reaction score
Empires

Here is this fantastic pop-rock band I discovered. They have been making waves in their home town (Chicago) supposedly. It's free for download at their home site:
http://weareempires.com/

It's probably one of the more unique punk influenced bands I have heard. Combining elements of emo, old-school British Punk and contemporary punk, piano solos and experimental mixes, they sort of have an awesome sound imo, and their drummer is pretty awesome too, I love the way he breaks out into solos then and when in their songs. It's free for download. Mind you, this is a pop rock band with American punk influences as well, so if you're utterly against it, don't bother, but hey, it's free catchy good music, so why not click that link there. Don't bother checking their myspace, their good songs aren't there imo. They are pretty talented..

Check out these songs (there are 15 songs on this download):

1. I want blood (just pure awesome, real hard, fun punk rock)
2. Believe (Sounds exactly like a Beatles song, the combined vocals, song structure, kickass!)
3. Late Night Rendezvous (Great guitars)
4. Don't let it fool you (purely an accoustic song, sort of has a sad muse-ish sound to it)
5. Anywhere (sounds like a Mutemath song)
6. My Poor Lover
7. Midnight Land

Love these guys, looking foward to their next album. Do give them a listen! It takes a while to get used to his voice though..

Back