Engine Error: Unable To Set Mode...

Tyl3n0L

Reaction score
Hello,

I can't start CS:S... Anyone having this error?

"Engine Error: Unable to set mode. This may be a known beta bug with antialiasing. We have reset your antialiasing settings. Please try runnin again."

I have Catalyst 4.9 on a Sapphire X800XT. All my Cat's setting are at default.

I have the same problem on my X800 Pro with the Catalyst 4.8's.

Maybe it has something to do with the new Cats? Like 4.8 and 4.9 betas?

had that error and then it decided to give me another one.
Engine Error
Invalid property: DT_BaseAnimating/m_flPoseParameter (array of datatables)

I get the same error. It has to do with refresh rates. Not antialiasing.

Tyl3n0L said:
Hello,

I can't start CS:S... Anyone having this error?

"Engine Error: Unable to set mode. This may be a known beta bug with antialiasing. We have reset your antialiasing settings. Please try runnin again."

I have Catalyst 4.9 on a Sapphire X800XT. All my Cat's setting are at default.

I get the samething with my geforce fx 5900.

"unable to set mode is becuase of a refrsh rate problem. A fix that worked for me was to go
Start>run in the run box type dxdiag then click on the last tab more help . Then click the override button. Set the override value towhat youve got ur refrsh rate locked at e.g 100mhz then click the save all information button and exit

a reboot may be needed.

the problem is because u most likely have reforce or other refresh rate software installed.

Set the override value towhat youve got ur refrsh rate locked at e.g 100mhz

what u mean refresh rate locked at.... i dont wanna go making stuff go pop D:

Check your monitor window, mine is still updating css even after patch.

yeh, make sure its updated to 100%.. mines still on 92%... stuff isnt loading properly yet (although i get no errors)

well if u used reforce us hould know what its set to....check by right click on desktop>properties>setting>advanced>monitor ...look for screen refresh rate..set the overrirde value to the same if that dont work set it to 60.

mines at 100% and i still get the error i have a GeForce FX 5700 Ultra 128MB

did u do what i said? the same error occured in the *cough*crack*cough*

I got this error when I tryed to launch the game after it was @ 100% { and yes I rebooted pc & steam.

Application Error
the instructions at "0x241691d6" reference memory at "0x00cb5d80" the memory could not be "read"

click ok to terminate the program

ASUS P4C800 @ 3.6 intel / 1GB corsair / 6800 GT {latest Nvidia Drivers}

I have been waiting for this thing for hours and now I get some damn Anti Aliasing error?

Unable to set mode?

I took out Reforce, I tried dxdiag override, I set my desktop refresh to 60 hz., I used reforce to force it to 60hz... nothing is working.

yes another classic i encountered.

solution : reboot & try again!

Edit:that was for the memory error but joker try a reboot too. I did come across some peeps where this fix did not work.

the problem is a refresh rate thing and if you have reforce installed try uninstalling it. Maybe reinstall ur graphic card driver too gl

oh if u get an anti aliasing error try turning it off in ur graphic driver!

iv done everything and installed new 4.8 drivers. still geting that dman error

I fixed the mode AA problem. I was using Reforce to lock my refresh rates so i just opened it up and set everything back to default and now it works.

damn that reforce, iv deleted it and put everything that i know back on defualt, iv even put the overdriver in dxdiag on 100 where my freshrate currently is.

#1RAGE said:
I fixed the mode AA problem. I was using Reforce to lock my refresh rates so i just opened it up and set everything back to default and now it works.

whats a reforce?

i program that allows u to get max refresh on normal cs.

JBroad23 said:
had that error and then it decided to give me another one.
Engine Error
Invalid property: DT_BaseAnimating/m_flPoseParameter (array of datatables)

Same with me! I have 5900 though and Im gonna try getting some other drivers

Anyone solve that Invalid property: DT_BaseAnimating/m_flPoseParameter (array of datatables) problem yet? I tried the refresh rate thing but it didnt work (even after a reboot). Going to try getting some other drivers.

Jack_Karverboy said:
Same with me! I have 5900 though and Im gonna try getting some other drivers

The animate error problem can be fixed if you delete. the .cache files in your Cs source\cstrike dir.

Back