Engineer's Sentry Gunner Achievement

DevgruSeal

Reaction score
Is this bugged? I remember getting the 10 sentry kills, but it didn't register, apparently. I just setup a sentry in the enemy base sewer bend, and I remember talking over vent to friends who were playing as well, and telling them I thought I was pretty close to getting the Sentry Gunner achievement. And yet, I don't have the actual achievement on my Steam community page, and I'm so effing frustrated trying to get it again.

Either I get to 9 kills and the round ends via a Sudden Death round, a random uber-guy comes in, or my wrench doesn't "heal" my sentry gun because the damage dealt comes in randomly a millisecond before my wrench lands on it, or more commonly my sentry gun or me gets critical hit by a rocket (Don't even get me started on those.), leaving my sentry gun unprotected in the latter case.

Proof:

In fact, I made it to 20:

And yet:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/devgruseal/stats/TF2

Sentry Gunner achievement isn't there.

Did you get booted out or did your i-net disconnect on you?

Stats only register if you leave the server of your own accord. Happened to me, I play a server with a ping limit, I've has 20+ points in 1 life by playing defensive soldier or demo, and then bang, out I go from ping limit and no stat record.

Do you need to get 10 kills without dying? (not the turret but you)

I got this achievement and I died while getting it, it's just the sentry gun that needs to stay in tact.

If you got disconnected or crashed you'll lose the stat. What's really bugged with mine is that it recorded the achievement for me but for ages it showed I'd made a top score of 9 sentry kills (even though I'd got 14 for the achievement).

i wouldnt worry about achievements if i were you, steam will just forget youve done them a few weeks later. happened to me twice now.

Non-VAC/custom servers can cause that too.

Also dr0ndeh, if you get "Kicked by console" when trying to join a server, you need to restart the entire game to avoid stat loss. It's a stupid bug...

Was charging the caves with Pyro at the start of dustbowl, pulling out and then repeating - and got atleast 20 kills. The game then crashes on me with the "Pooled Page Memory" error because I turned the graphics up a notch at the start.

Im getting some more RAM soon anyway - so hopefully i'll never lose my stats again :frown:

You have got it now it some times takes a while for community to update your stats.

Yeah, I just got it earlier today...Took a while, but I finally re-achieved the achievement...

I got the achievement when i wasn't connected to the Steam servers :frown: Damned 'down for routine maintenance'.

Back