Eon8

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Didn't find anything relating to this on the forums here, so I thought I'd post it...

http://www.eon8.com/

Speculations from various sites:
  • It's the end of the world when it hits 0
  • Massive computer virus is to infect anyone who visits that domain
  • Viral marketing site for something

To help this along, the hexdecial is nothing but times, dates & random URL's.

http://whois.domaintools.com/Eon8.com - Some info. Some reason I seem to be the only person smart enough to use the Reverse IP tool from Domain Tools (Haven't seen anyone else do this on any of the forums I find on Google that are also watching the site); I get 13 sites:

www.dyna-fx.com
www.dynamixnyc.com
www.eddiecumana.com
www.eon5.com
www.fullflameproductions.com
www.hermesparga.com
www.indamatrix.com
www.johanbrunkvist.com
www.kult.com
www.kultdesigns.com
www.kultmusic.com
www.odyze.com
www.sawsynthdiva.com
www.zhana.net

They all seem to relate to either website design, advertising and music (The music sites ALL say "Check back soon")

I'll leave it at that... HAVE FUN!

I went there and got hacks. Life hacks. Oh yeah.

/noclips through Trump's place an steals everything.

Meh, I saw this an hour or so ago (Pesmerga showed me) but I generally avoid caring about this sort of thing because that's pretty much exactly the intention.

By the way, if you highlight at the bottom of the page, there's a bunch of black text. Some kind of code, I can't be arsed to figure it out.

Ok, seriously, everyone stop posting this. Suddenly its popped on like 6 forums I visit, nobody knows what it is - leave it alone.

SixThree said:
Ok, seriously, everyone stop posting this. Suddenly its popped on like 6 forums I visit, nobody knows what it is - leave it alone.
Don't click on the thread title "Eon8" from now on?

Pesmerga tried to show me and I was like "Old, pfffft owned."

Anyway, if anyone gets anything, it will probably be these guys: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14673&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

But still from what I've read, the only reason they're farther ahead is because someone did a referrer spoof, which resulted in:
"The site you were referred by has been ES-12 Approved.

Site: Eon8 Secure Server

Audit Status: Verification ES-12 Approved"

But it still goes right to the main page after that(When I tried it).

-smash- said:
Don't click on the thread title "Eon8" from now on?
I'm pretty sure it's not the fact that it's been posted is annoying him, it's the fact that everyone is giving it so much attention.

I think I can live with waiting a day to see what happens.

I hope it resets and counts down for another week. And another. And another.
Or just ends.

I honestly hope that it means nothing.

But that's beside the point. It's good to see smash posting outside of news.

EDIT: www.eon8theinvestigation.ytmnd.com D:

If it was actually something serious, the government would be checking this out.

Fack! It will reach zero at 6am for me, at which time I'll at work D: D: D:

I get a 403 - Not allowed under code error.

Edit: Tried again, I now get the 403 - Permission unauthorized error. Site blocked? Anyone else get this?

RakuraiTenjin said:
Anyone remember ARK II and MARCH 8 website? That was a cool one.
What happened?

Also, can someone record his browser when it reaches zero? I don't want to completely miss it. Maybe I'll come back from work, open my browser to check what happened, and get a 505: the internet has exploded.

The only strange part about it is that it's been around for I think months and hasn't been cracked yet.

15357 said:
I get a 403 - Not allowed under code error.

Edit: Tried again, I now get the 403 - Permission unauthorized error. Site blocked? Anyone else get this?
Just go to the YTMND that was posted because that explains as much about it as youll get from actually visitting the site (they go to all aspects of the site in the ytmnd)

http://eon8theinvestigation.ytmnd.com/

I can't get the page to load. :(

Bet its something really boring, but its nice to speculate.

I bet (5 cents) after the timer ends, nuclear bombs will explode in the red dots.

does anyone know what the name of that song on the investigation ytmnd is? Or what its from?

Ok my 5 cents goes to that this is a screamer. 2 seconds before it hits zero, you'll get the girl from the exorsist flashed in front of you along with a bonefreezing scream.

The Brick said:
Ok my 5 cents goes to that this is a screamer. 2 seconds before it hits zero, you'll get the girl from the exorsist flashed in front of you along with a bonefreezing scream.
Lol, that would be funny "lollololol pwned!!!"

It's the internet...it's gonna be something like that.

The bluuuue buuss, is caaaalling usssss

DRIVER WHERE YOU TAKIN' US?

When the end comes, I'll be ready mother****ers

Well I am just going to say that the creator of the hoax most likely has a -5 GMT time zone. Because right now in -5 GMT it would be 7:40 and the clock is at 4:20. 8 + 4 = 12, or a new day.

I would also like to point out, "Theta' is the 8th letter in the greek alphabet. and Eon8. Now Theta's definition:
"The measure of theta quantifies the risk that time imposes on options as options are only exercisable for a certain period of time."
A risk of 9?
also
"The Theta symbol with a strong line at its centre represents Death. Possibly a reference to the cemetery where Saunière found inspiration amongst the headstones or maybe a hint that there is danger connected with this path. It is also interesting to note that the Greek letter Theta was commonly adopted by the Roman culture to also denote death. In fact it appears on early Roman mosaics depicting the death of Gladiators and is usually placed just above the head of the deceased. It is derived from the Greek "Thanatos"."

I love mind games.

Back