Ep. 2 weapons and enemy's

that1zombie

Reaction score
So i was just wondering if any one had any info or pics on any new weapons and enemy's that will be showing up in Ep.2.

And don't tell me about the short tripod one, unless you tell me if is a synth or not because in not sure bye just seeing it.

And just to have fun if you have any pics of original models of enemy's in Half Life 2 and Ep.1 share them me PLZ.

The Hunter is a synth. We don't know what new weapons/enemies to expect. There's a new form of antlion and antlion guard, along with an antlion grub, the Hunter and...well, that will probably be it. I hope not, I like new enemies.

As for new weapons, I'm not as fussed. I think we can expect about 1 and that will be it.

http://www.halflife2.net/hl2/episode-two/new

Combine with RPGs

If you look in the 5th trailer, you'll see a combine soldier using bazooka against the rebels (the one you kill with the car)...

I hope Valve will give us some more new weapons, not only this stupid melon-like strider buster...

Melon strider buster looks awesome, i mean, you can imagine what the strider is thiking the second he gets hit with the melon, "OMFGSHITIG0TPWNEDBYMEL0N!!!!"

Melon rape, you know you want it

Various interviews have confirmed that Valve's not really interested in adding entirely new weapons so much as coming up with new gravity-gun tricks. Hence the strider buster, and not much else, weapon-wise at least.

Why is everyone convinced that we need more weapons? Exactly what niche is it that isn't covered? And where would Gordon store them all?

I'd like to see black hole grenades in, but their effect isn't that different from that of the frag grenades, just prettier.
Something new and exotic might be fun - some sort of energy weapon, ? la shock rifle/link gun from UT2004 – but there's no plausible place for it to come from. The Citadel's a crater, so it wouldn't be a Combine weapon (unless it's brought from offworld, in which case you'd have no ammo)... maybe the Vortigaunts could build it using some o' their fancy Xen tech.

I like Valve's direction. I'd rather have a Vortigaunt shooting at enemies and fighting alongside me than some cheap machine gun variant. Makes for much better gameplay.

I would be pleased to re-unite with the rest of the hl1 arsenal.

that1zombie, I'm really curious about this thread title - why have you used an apostrophe on "enemy's" but not "weapons", when both are plurals?

Are you just hoping one is right?

You didn't like it xirow? I think the only time I used it was to blow Nihilanths brain apart.

I used it on the scientist who gave it to me. He said something derisory and sanctimonious like "You look like you've got no problem killing other living things" so I called the f*cker's bluff. Bad luck chap.

I used it on the scientist who gave it to me. He said something derisory and sanctimonious like "You look like you've got no problem killing other living things" so I called the f*cker's bluff. Bad luck chap.

Yeah, exactly. That smartass.

I hope NPCs will be able to acknowledge strider busters. They might actually serve a purpose then instead of just firing machine guns at striders and doing nothing except get in your way.

You didn't like it xirow? I think the only time I used it was to blow Nihilanths brain apart.

No, I hated it. Especially in HLDM. The weapon is just too powerful and easy to use. In HLDM I refused to use it. But everyone else did use it, soo I got owned a lot. Even by noobs. I think that is where my hate for the Gluon Gun is coming from :)

In SP I hardly used it. I always used rockets to blow Nihilanths brain.

Yep , the hornet gun. I liked it. The "bees" were kinda homing on you and it looked liked they were alive. If i'm not wrong the alt. fire enabled them to go through objects , didn't it? I would very much like to see the hornet gun back in some way , or a weapon that it's ammo. is "alive". I assume they can do wonderfull stuff with the quad-core , having A.I in "weapons".

Gluon Gun? was it the blue colored beam or the yellow? Anyhow the yellow one was cool , i liked how you can "break" the ray in corners and it could continue it's path after hitting objects in other angles.

Of course i don't mean Valve should take the gun and drop it in the current project. They could and should modify and balance it to fit.

Having the SLAM in the SP games would be cool. They already took the time and make the weapon into use in HL2 : DM , so introducing it back in the SP verse shouldn't be too much of a truble.

How i say , i would love if they would bring back old enemies and weapons but at the right place and role and without neglecting new additions.

I'm really interested in how the Creamator looks. From the poster that was shown in RTB , I imagine them as tall as Yao-Ming or Shaq. lol.

SLAMs would actually be fun to use against the hunters, since they are supposed to follow you everywhere, even into buildings.

There aren't that many new enemies that we've seen (hunters and poison antlions, that's about it). But enemies will have to be tackled in new ways (strider busters instead of RPGS, soldiers with RPGs, fighting a hunter-chopper on foot etc)

The only new weapon seen so far has been the strider buster.

i would like to see a rifle any type from assault or sniper it would not matter to me but i would prefer a assault seeing that they have an awesome cross bow. but make it so there would be a pretty limited use of it so you wouldn't be going around and dominating every foot soldier kind of like the SAW in op4.

as far as new enemy's i would like to see more than just the normal combine and super soldiers like maybe they could throw in a verity of cool different looking types. like have some that are big and bulky and some skinny and fast.

I think that whatever Valve does will be good... If you want lots of guns make some or play mods.

I want one new (fully realised) weapon, but no more.

Why do you think the rebels and Gordon don't use snipers. These are the combine here; it likely operates in a different way too ours. There would likely only be a few human snipers left and I doubt Gordon would "magically" find one. We've got the crossbow, lets move on from Snipers. (besides, HL2 isn't really a "sniping" game)

I hope NPCs will be able to acknowledge strider busters. They might actually serve a purpose then instead of just firing machine guns at striders and doing nothing except get in your way.

But they don't have gravity guns. What are they going to do, toss them around like footballs? Mind you, it would be cool if they had gravity guns. I had this awesome dream about that exact scenario once.

No, but if you tag a strider with the strider buster, the rebels should be able to take shots at the strider and take it down.

No, but if you tag a strider with the strider buster, the rebels should be able to take shots at the strider and take it down.
Exactly. All through HL2 and Ep1 the NPCs are sitting there trying to take striders and choppers down with machine guns (which I don't believe do diddly squat). With the advent of the strider buster, hopefully their previously pointless discharges can be put to good use. That is if Valve has them key to it whenever one is deployed.

Back