Opposing Force* - 1999
Blue Shift* - 2001
Half Life 2 - 2004
Episode 1 - 2006
Portal - 2007
TF 2 - 2007
Episode 2 - 2007
L4D - 2008
L4D 2 (More like 'Left 4 Dead 2: Give us your moneys') - Planned Fall '09 - Spring '10
Episode 3 - Planned Fall '10 - Spring '11?

*Blue Shift and Opposing Force were developed by Gearbox and not Valve.

How long do you think the wait is going to be? With Team Fortress 2 and L4D (which doesn't need a sequel) the wait has lengthened. Why are they spending time on doing Left 4 Dead 2? Left 4 Dead was supposed to be a short side-tracked multiplayer game. Now it is going to be a sequel, which (from what I can see) the differences are:

There's now 2 blacks
New guns
Melee weapons
New levels

Other than that, seems kinda-like a copypasta.

I've beat all the Half Life games (and also own most of Valves game, even the oddball ones like Ricochet and Day of Defeat. I must say I love every piece of work they stuff (exception of L4D 2) but with talk of Episode 3 and possible future development of the Half Life Universe, aren't they putting it off a bit too much for a few new franchises?

I have bought all of the Half Life games at release and their my favorite series and all. I know, as a development team, they need all of the time and resources to finish the game properly. I wouldn't want HL2: EP3 to come out and have some much bugs that they are seeping out of Alyx's vag and stuff.

"Hai guyz I'm neu guess ill jump on teh valve hate leaf 4 deeds 2 badwagon lol"

Any guess at a release date at this point is just a shot in the dark. Valve never has released one game that disappoints (to me, at least) so I'll be patient and play left 4 dead 2, and when the time comes, Episode 3. Until then, I have plenty of other things to do, and girls to cuddle.

Half Life - 1998
Opposing Force* - 1999
Blue Shift* - 2001
Half Life 2 - 2004
Episode 1 - 2006
Portal - 2007
TF 2 - 2007
Episode 2 - 2007
L4D - 2008
L4D 2 (More like 'Left 4 Dead 2: Give us your moneys') - Planned Fall '09 - Spring '10

How long do you think the wait is going to be? With Team Fortress 2 and L4D (which doesn't need a sequel) the wait has lengthened. Why are they spending time on doing Left 4 Dead 2? Left 4 Dead was supposed to be a short side-tracked multiplayer game. Now it is going to be a sequel, which (from what I can see) the differences are:

There's now 2 blacks
New guns
Melee weapons
New levels

I've beat all the Half Life games (and also own most of Valves game, even the oddball ones like Ricochet and Day of Defeat. I must say I love every piece of work they stuff (exception of L4D 2) but with talk of Episode 3 and possible future development of the Half Life Universe, aren't they putting it off a bit too much for a few new franchises?

I have bought all of the Half Life games at release and their my favorite series and all. I know, as a development team, they need all of the time and resources to finish the game properly. I wouldn't want HL2: EP3 to come out and have some much bugs that they are seeping out of Alyx's vag and stuff.

Why would you make this thread? if you look in the list, there is 5 other threads like this, go winge in those threads instead of making a new one.

Better yet, accept it. Ep3 will be coming most likely in 2010 and left4dead2 is coming out accept it.

Climb in a cryogenic chamber and I'll wake you when it's released. No more bitching and moaning? Ok then.

Well, there are other games coming out too. Don't be a fanboy and play them. Maybe you like them. You don't need to wait for EP3.

So you've seen a couple of gameplay videos and you're already saying the game is going to be bad? You haven't even played the game! Right now, it may look like it's not that great, but they're going to improve the game in the time ahead. Just be patient with Valve, and I assure you, by November of '09, this game is going to look alot better, and have many new things added into it.

They have seperate teams working on Left4Dead 2 and Episode 3. It's okay we're all going to live, now calm down and go play left4dead 2. You know you're going to anyway.

STFU

LOL
GTFO

ORLY?

This post don't deserve proper response.

BAN PLS

For gods sake how many times must this be said. There is a different team working on Left4Dead 2 is has no impact whatsoever on EP3. Left4Dead is being made by Valve South formally known as Turtle Rock they had nothing to do with Half-Life. Even if Left4Dead 2 wasn't being worked on EP3 would not have come any quicker because the Turtle Rock guy's don't do Half-Life.

why don't they just call L4D2 and expansion? "Left 4 Deader"

They're trying to top Cinematic physics. Give them time.

Doug Lambardi said:
I think if folks spot us a bit more time, they may see where we’re going with all this. The more they learn about how much there is in L4D2… I mean, twenty new weapons isn’t DLC! Three new Specials, and twenty weapons, and five new campaigns: that starts to feel like a sequel. I think as more gets unveiled as we go from E3 to Comic Con and PAX, and show the game in places where the public can play, and then when the demo comes out a couple of weeks before launch, I think people will get where we’re going, and hopefully don’t think that we’ve turned into some sort of opportunist cow milkers.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Just wait a bit longer. Why is everyone so hasty? Valve will come with a release date soon which will be 2012 and it will be released on 2014.

Guys, please, stop talking about Episode 3. It's pointless. We don't know the release date. Valve doesn't know the release date OR Valve is not going to tell us anything until the time has come. Just forget about EP3, for now, and have some nice days :)

However he does bring up a good point
L4D was a fun multiplayer game... It was but seriously why make people wait for episode 3
Its amazing. Why does everyone have to be so negative when people post stuff like this.. ITS CALLED A FORUM!!!!
What you want people to just stare at the threads you guys likely posted.... Who the F cares what all you haters think.
He's new (so am I) who cares... Doesnt make him any less a half life or valve fan than the rest of you
He is the difference between actual fan and some of you "fanboys"

How long do you think the wait is going to be? With Team Fortress 2 and L4D (which doesn't need a sequel) the wait has lengthened. Why are they spending time on doing Left 4 Dead 2?
Because Valve is a business and an L4D sequel would make more money than another HL2 episode ever would. They have no obligation to make us happy. While it's nice that they are such an ethical game company, it's their job to make money, not to make us happy.

Because Valve is a business and an L4D sequel would make more money than another HL2 episode ever would.

THANK YOU. At last, someone who understands reality.

Face it kids, L4D2 is going to ship, and most of the you will buy it anyway.

Back