Episode 2 Teaser Discussion

Reaction score
Hello, i think that when the vort says something while laying alyx's body down, he's saying "This is more than any one can (iunno), but we will preserve the earth"

Anyways, in short, discuss the Vortigaunt's part in the trailer :cheese:

I wonder, if Episode 2 is fighting to take back the Earth, what will 3 be?

Gordon going to the Combine homeworld?
Working for habitat for humanity building homes with the grav gun?
Gordon going out into the world to whack the remaining headcrabs?

GordonFreeman911 said:
Hello, i think that when the vort says something while laying alyx's body down, he's saying "This is more than any one can (iunno), but we will preserve the earth"

Anyways, in short, discuss the Vortigaunt's part in the trailer :cheese:
I think you mean, "This is more than anyone can bear, but we will persevere."

alyx needs some new clothes
she's starting to stank

Vorts will save her by healing her after she dies, then she will have a shower at some remote base in the forrest while you go out and do stuff. She'll put something more confortable on and you'll get busy with her.

im just looking forward to the possibility of fighting deep within that lush looking forest

B_MAN said:
im just looking forward to the possibility of fighting deep within that lush looking forest

me too. hopefully it will make Far Cry look tame.

B_MAN said:
I doubt that the alyx/gordon shower scene would go that far.

Ohhh.......you mean the forest in the trailer? *blushes*
Nevermind then. ;)

SAJ said:

Nevermind then. ;)

Soo so wrong...

Heh heh heh!

Pervs. I didn't even catch that...

SAJ said:

Nevermind then. ;)

God thats my new signature

You'll have to cut your new signature I'm afraid, it's well over the limit. :p

Alyx will be resurected as a Vortigaunt.

svet-am said:
me too. hopefully it will make Far Cry look tame.

From a game play point of view probably will but from the graphics point of view the out door environments in HL2 can't compare to those in Far Cry.

I can't wait to fight throught the antlion tunnels (notice the grubs hanging off the wall) and hopefully the antlion king.

Redneck said:
From a game play point of view probably will but from the graphics point of view the out door environments in HL2 can't compare to those in Far Cry.

Well, you never know. Valve has said they got some new tech up their sleeves. And while it may not be expansive as Far Cry, I'm sure they could pull off the feel alright.

Far Cry was more cartoony than realistic. I think HL2's forest looks better :)

*May or may not be biased* :p

Speaking of new tech. I'm pretty sure I noticed some new lighting/shadowing in the teaser.

Draw distances also seem larger, but can anybody confirm that from the teaser? Specifically in the beginning with Alyx on the train tracks. Could be a skybox for all I know.

Ludah said:
Speaking of new tech. I'm pretty sure I noticed some new lighting/shadowing in the teaser.

You're thinking of the ministrider in the doorway at the end? I've got my fingers crossed for some new lighting stuff :)

Yeah, that bit really stood out at me.

There's some comparison shot at hl2world of the same ministrider model in-game in EP1 and the ministrider shown in the EP2 trailer. It's pretty noticeable.

Ludah said:
Yeah, that bit really stood out at me.

There's some comparison shot at hl2world of the same ministrider model in-game in EP1 and the ministrider shown in the EP2 trailer. It's pretty noticeable.

Link?

Personally I think there is a good chance we will see the Combine Homeworld before the end of the Half Life story. Whether it will be Episode 3 or Half Life 3 or onwards remains to be seen.

Maybe Gordon accidentally gets transferred to a host body to form a whole new kind of gameplay expirience. And that way we could finally see a Gordon model left limp on the floor. I should so be a game writer.

Ahh! No see Gordy! No see Gordy! :p

shadow2.jpg

1432651936461453088_rs.jpg

Beats having a bunch of marquee shadows overlapping each other.

wtf. those striders where in Ep1??? i never saw them!!!!

You catch one in the very beginning at the end of Mossman's video. Just a glimpse. A tease.

Ludah said:
Ahh! No see Gordy! No see Gordy! :p

[snip]
[snip]

Beats having a bunch of marquee shadows overlapping each other.

I know. I wouldn't want to see his body either. :p But it's the only way I would ever WANT to see it.

And the top picture didn't work.

Hmm... I'm seeing it right here on my monitor. Try copying the image location and see if that helps.

jondy said:
You're thinking of the ministrider in the doorway at the end? I've got my fingers crossed for some new lighting stuff :)

There's no new lighting in shadowing that I can see in the Ep2 teaser. The shadowing in that one clip is just fairly dramatic, kind of like watching those 3 striders inside the Citadel lumber around with their shadows being casted on the environment.

Why did they have a Fully textured V for the Trailer, but an almost non textured Ingame Version...

GordonFreeman911 said:
Why did they have a Fully textured V for the Trailer, but an almost non textured Ingame Version...

Texture probably wasn't finalised when they created that part of the game. Plus they probably only wanted us to see a sillouhet (SP?) of the mini-strider to tease us so a texture wasnt needed.

Ludah said:
Hmm... I'm seeing it right here on my monitor. Try copying the image location and see if that helps.

I tried that. I was denied access.

Graphically the teaser lookes a little bit meh :|
The music was great in the first half though.

Looks just as if they hadn’t skinned it yet.

The trailer’s Mini Striders where almost whitish. But other then that it's looks completed model-wise.

Back