EQ2 Beta

WhiteZero

Tank
Reaction score
Just got my Beta eMail and downloading the client now.

Can't wait to check it out

Dont expect the server to be fast when I got on beta a while back I had to dled the full 4-5 Gig at 25kbs :/

Whitezero how can you handle beta testing two MMOs at the same time? :O

I just got in too from the gamespot contest.

I got mine in the early september batch, tho i can't play it, cos of my stupid f**king geforce 440mx card. I'm thinking about inporting a bfg 6800 gt oc, from the us and that download will take you ages. I think it took me about 1 week or 2.

what con are you on? :/ even at reduced speeds cos of server load I still got it in 2-3 days.

ShadowBlade said:
what con are you on? :/ even at reduced speeds cos of server load I still got it in 2-3 days.

Same here, then they released that patch that made you download the whole client again :(

Leave it on overnight, the speed seems to pick up then. Dont trust the estimated time though, if you disconnect then reconnect and start re-downloading the time gets cut in half most of the time.

Actually... the client downloaded at a good 350 kBps... I finished downloading it in under 3 hours.

Whitezero how can you handle beta testing two MMOs at the same time?

heh, at times I've been in 4 beta's at once, guy. :)

I played all last night, it seems pretty good, for sure the best mmorpg that ive played. The only thing is that it rapes my computer badly in towns. :(

Epyon said:
I played all last night, it seems pretty good, for sure the best mmorpg that ive played. The only thing is that it rapes my computer badly in towns. :(

Yeah, I get the same thing. I think it's cuz theres a lot more shadows in cities.

Turn off enviroment shadows, even my comp starts to cry if I have them on.

Just started playing it today and wow. It is really amazing game, the screenshots show nothing at all like what the game actually is. Right now I am still at the Island Of Refuge, probably the best tutorial I have seen for a MMORPG. I'm gonna go for a druid, then eventually become a Fury.

Are there friend invites for the EQ2 beta??? I've been waiting for my invite for sooo long, but it sucks because I'm probably not going to get in and I'm gonna hafta wait for the game to come out...which is a bad thing...

EQ2 is slated to come out sometime in November....HL2 in November....dammit!(i know the EB dates aren't too reliable, but their release date book has EQ2 on Nov. 16......DAMMIT!)

Anyway, those of you who have played the WoW beta and are also in the EQ2 beta....in your opinion, which one is better?

Anthraxxx that is a really good question, I wish i new the answer.

This is a real good question that I would love to know. Has blizzard crafted another "Best of Best" game or have they fell short this time?

Anthraxxx said:
Are there friend invites for the EQ2 beta??? I've been waiting for my invite for sooo long, but it sucks because I'm probably not going to get in and I'm gonna hafta wait for the game to come out...which is a bad thing...

EQ2 is slated to come out sometime in November....HL2 in November....dammit!(i know the EB dates aren't too reliable, but their release date book has EQ2 on Nov. 16......DAMMIT!)

Anyway, those of you who have played the WoW beta and are also in the EQ2 beta....in your opinion, which one is better?

I dont know, although this is the starter to the email i recieved:

Dear station member,

We are pleased to welcome you into the Friends and Family Beta for EverQuest II. Thank you for volunteering to help us build a stronger, more stable game.

Please read this entire e-mail carefully. It will provide all the information you need to install the beta client and begin exploration of the world of EverQuestII.

Now i dont know any friends who played the beta, all i know is I signed up in 2002. Also i have had a subscription to all of the SOE games (except EQ1) for quite some time, but for varying periods of time (SWG, 14 days for example) So maybe that makes me Qualify as a 'Friend'?

Back