Equilibrium

I

i z 3 r

I think HL2 bares a slight resemblemense to the Movie Equilibrium. Its a movie about a totaliaran state that gives people of the modern world somthing Called prozium, and it stops them from feeling emoutions. Its point was to stop war and controll people. But there was the "underground" a rsistance force and the Tetragramaton, or the combine police. Would go and seek out the resistance, and burn things such as paintings books, poetry ect, to stop people from feeling.

I havn't beat HL2 yet. Just city 17 and seeing Dr. Breens face on the screen reminded me of Father in Equilibrium.

Do you agree?

Um... Half-Life 2 is pretty much like an futuristic dystopia fiction.

But if you want some real resemblence read 1984 by George Orwell or watch the movie.

See Equilibrium is based on 1984... Mystery Solved.

Orwell's 1984 is the defining dystopia fiction.

Also, Equilibrium is an awesome flick. :)

Also, Equilibrium is an awesome flick.
Yup.

So how is the movie 1984?
I read the book and it seems like a movie based on it would be kinda boring...

yer i love equilibruim :) and yes it does resemble hl 2 in a way... good work

Yes EQ is a great movie. A good bigscreen interpretaion of 1984 is Brazil. Its made buy the guy who made "Fear and Loathig in Las Vegas. The cartoonist for Monty Python. I can't remeber his name.

PeaceToKurt said:
Yes EQ is a great movie. A good bigscreen interpretaion of 1984 is Brazil. Its made buy the guy who made "Fear and Loathig in Las Vegas. The cartoonist for Monty Python. I can't remeber his name.
Terry Gilliam. He's a genius

The guy that directed "fear and loathing"... you outta read the book.
Brazil kicks ass though, that guy IS a genius.

i just saw 1984 a little bit ago.
brazil has alot of the same themes.
it's a whole crapload weirder though.
ill have to check out this 'equilibrium.'

Back