Era of Legends Update

A

Azlan

We have not heard from Era of Legends since January, but this morning they have shown off some of their hard work. These 9 screenshots are taken from an Alpha build of their map, Adel. [br][br]To learn more about this RPG-inspired mod, click here.

Are those screenies with low quality or something? They look like really bad resolution on the textures or something.

Haha yes, sorry for the bad quality:p I am the creator of the map together with eirik.
The one that made the screenshots kinda messed up. He was gone for a week, and we redid all the lightning. Not only did he use the old version for the screenshots he also used valve's compression:)
Not that I really blame him though:D
court01.jpg

port01.jpg

swing01.jpg

Better??

*edit* just noticed..the screenshots don't really do justice:p *edit*

The map is really beautiful, If i lived in that age i would like to live on that island :D
The dagger or knife looks just terrible

Garfield_ said:
The map is really beautiful, If i lived in that age i would like to live on that island :D
The dagger or knife looks just terrible
Lol yes, template weapon:p
But it's the map what counts atm

Beautiful map, nice custom textures i see also.

Cheers,
bbyybb.

Wow, that second set of screenshots look amazing. You have the GUI done already?

Azlan said:
Wow, that second set of screenshots look amazing. You have the GUI done already?

Partially, the gui is not done yet, and the stuff there atm is template.
The buttons/healthbar etc DOES work though:) just template atm:)
a LOT of code is working already, character creation, attributes (strength etc)..all implented already. Gotta be "tied" together obviously all..:)
We got 3 coders so:p

looks nice, could you show some inside shots?

EVIL said:
looks nice, could you show some inside shots?

We're not done yet with the inside, we need to decorate it:) The indoor screenshots will be posted later:)

Join our forums for the quickest news updates;)

Looking good; it's nice to see some actual screenshots!

Are the textures and props used from HL2 going to be eventually replaced with your own custom work?

Argyll said:
Looking good; it's nice to see some actual screenshots!

Are the textures and props used from HL2 going to be eventually replaced with your own custom work?
Ofcourse, there are already texture/model changes planned. But obviously textures/models that are already suitable will stay:) But except a lot of custom content in the maps;)

This map looks really nice, I don't know much about the mod, but if alll the maps are going to look as good as this one, then I think I want to play it.. course gameplay needs to be good too..

Kon said:
This map looks really nice, I don't know much about the mod, but if alll the maps are going to look as good as this one, then I think I want to play it.. course gameplay needs to be good too..
It's a work in progress..yes..:)
It's a alpha at the moment...not even in beta stage:p
Ofcourse, all questions about the map I will answer here if you got any:)

Btw..:
mainwalkway01.jpg

sidewalkway01.jpg

These screenshots we're on the forums first, as all of our news:)
So register at http://eol.fragism.com/gl-bin/forum/ if you want to:)

Looks awsome. Keep up the good work. I need a new mod to play! Any ETA on the release of this thing?

KU_ said:
Looks awsome. Keep up the good work. I need a new mod to play! Any ETA on the release of this thing?
Not really:(
Just hang out on the forums to get the latest intel on this kind of stuff;)

yea, its neat to see something different, good job d00ds (oooo i used zeros)

Back