Error 1305: base source shared materials.gfc

S

smega84

Hey all,

I have recently purchased a new computer along side with a copy of The Orange Box, I have installed it and all goes now. now I wanted to start playing CS Source again i realise the orange box doesn't install CS Source as HL2 original did, so now I am trying to install my original HL2 alongside my Orange box but as I am doing so I receive this error.

Error 1305: Error reading from file C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\base source shared materials.gcf. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

My only choices are Retry and cancel and Retry doesn't work.

I have verified it exists and its size is 480mb, please help if you can.

Thanks matt

Why are you trying to install HL2 on top of the account with The Orange Box? It already contains it. If you installed The Orange Box on the same account as the one with Counter-Strike: Source, there should be no issue. I'm not sure I'm following you.

umm he is installing it from a disc, if it wont install then i would recommend just moving the files from the cd yourself.

I didn't have Half Life 2 or Counter Strike Source installed. I just bought the Orange Box and I thought it would have come with CS Source as did HL2 but it doesn't. so thats why i am trying to install it now.

+1 for ignoring post, either do what i said or download it with steam since you obviously should have it registered already

sorry I didn't ignore, was just attempting your suggestions before I replied. it looks like its a disc problem, got a CRC error when I tried to extract the files.

I bought this game a few years ago back home in Australia, i am currently living in South Africa, any suggestions on how I should get the disk replaced?

thanks matt

Once you register the cdkey to your account you don't need the CD. You can download via Steam.

1305 error is usually when your cd is broken.

Back