64 mb nvidia geforce 4 mx 4000
512 mb ram
80 gigabyte and 45 gigabyte hardrive
windows xp home edition
nu dvdrw ddw-081
Philips cdrw 1610a
LAN internet connection
It is a bought european-dvd version

When the first time i installed the game it didn't work i installed the game on my parents computer which hasn't got better specs, where it DID work.
So nothing wrong with the disc

So i tried to install it again on my pc.Well i got steam installed, made a account. And then it starts to install the rest of the game. Well it suppose to happen, but this is what i get every time: Error 1335.The cabinet file hl2.cab required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used,this could be a network error, an error reading from the cd-rom or a problem with this package.

Problem with this package is ruled out cause it worked on an other computer. Then i build my dad's dvd player (which worked on his computer) into my computer. It didn't work on my pc. The network can't be the problem either.

Someone got answers or the same problem?
Please respond to this urgent call

with regards

thats almost a 1337 error :D

now, caus you have the retail DVD, uninstall steam first, then install the game... should work fine then, it will install steam automaticly... just dont forget your password to login again...

I had that same problem. Between Steam and Half-Life2, I spent over 3 1/2 hours trying to get them installed. What a nightmare.

One (of many) of my problems was the one you describe. The fact it installs in the other machine all makes sense. I would get it at various point in the install. Disk2 or 3 or 4.

I read a thread about the install being sensitive to how quick or efficient your optical drive is. One guy went out and bought a new DVD drive, another used an external drive.

I was using my DVD drive. As soon as I switched to my CD-RW the install went fine.

But I was lucky, at least one of them did - for many of those posting, getting new hardware was the only solution.

But as they say, hope springs eternal. At least in Valve's universe.

Good Luck...

thnx, well i won't buy new hardware just for one game. SO i try the option half-alife for now, hope it works. I'm downloading now but it says it takes 226 minutes. I'll hope the effort is worth it

thnx again half life gamers,

franklin

it didn't work still got steam saying i need a dvd.
Too bad, maybe someone knows if the error 1335 is related to windows?

I'm currently having the same problem, how the hell have they managed to create a problem from how fast the data is read. It is quite simply amazin, but then that's vavle for you (i.e. ****ing useless).

I'm gonna stick my other dvd drive in to see if it works, because it worked on my other system.

p.s. I'm using a SONY DVD-CDRW combo drive, whats everyone else using?

Okay, I just tried it again with the other drive and I got the exact same problem so anyone saying it's the DVD-Rom drive is full of shit, valve included.

Could you tell me what hard-drive you have, ie. make and model?

I have at last found the answer to this problem! :)

The answer is not within half life but it's installer, the MSI installer system. When installing it uses the system memory to hold files, since the half life files are like 1gig each the problem is the lack of system memory allocation.

Here is how to fix it;
- goto the run command and type in 'msconfig'

- this brings up the system configuration, now click on the BOOT.ini tab at the top.

- click on the Advanced Options button just above the 'ok' 'cancel' buttons.

- it will bring up a little menu system, on that at the top you should see a '/MAXMEM=' with a little check box next to it.

- click that check box and a bit next ot it should appear. set the number to the amount of memmory you have, or just a little below it. (I have 768mb and I set it to 512)...

Now restart and run the installer again and it should install fine. Once done repeat the process and turn the checkbox '/MAXMEM=' off again. :)

maybe this will work thnx shinchi. i've tried everything mailed microsoft valve and didn't got any answer.
i'll have a try!

thnx it worked!!!
But now i'm stuck with the authentic cd within the time limit

There is a bug that if you don't choose a full installation that includes Counterstrike: Source then the installation blows up like this when you reach the 4th CD. So choose to install CS:S.

I recieved hl2 for X-mas (CD-ROM Software) and can not load the game I keep getting error 1335 and I have tried all the suggestions mentioned above, except buying new hardware. Has anybody found any other solutions.

I suffered this error as well when I tried to install HL2 last week. I spent a few hours trying several different sulutions to no avail. Then I read up a bit on the Windows Installer. I found some information that was interesting. Apparently on occasion the registry entries for the installer can become corrupted which will result in the 1335 error sometimes, but not always. The simple fix for this is to unregister then re-register the installer.

Start -> Run

enter the following:

msiexec /unregister

and this after:

msiexec /regserver

This is what did it for me, it may or may not work for you. Good Luck.

thnx fr33_ryder. I tried what you suggested. When I typed msiexec/unregister it came back could not find file, file does not exist. Just tried to load Medal of Honor Allied Assault. Having problems loading that game too. Maybe I should buy a new CD or DVD drive. Using Atapi CDRW 24-10-40.

Well, im running winXP. Not sure how this works on other OS. Now if you just typed it like that: msiexec/unregister then you did it wrong. You need to put a space before the forward slash like this: msiexec /unregister.

Thnx again fr33_ryder. I bought and installed another drive and was able to load the game. Now i'm having a problem trying to play the game offline through steam. Guess I'll start working on that problem now. Thanks again.

Back