Eternal Silence Patched

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
The first patch for the Eternal Silence mod since it was released onto Steam has been released. If you have the mod installed on Steam then it should automatically update with the following fixes:
  • [FIX] Shorten transition distance from 500m to 200m to save bandwidth.
  • [FIX] Made it so only ships from the hangar are networked (not all players/grenades/ion bombs)
  • [FIX] Shorten ship visible distance from 1800m to 1500m.
  • [FIX] Fixed player collisions, no more rubber band.
  • Fixed config reset bug.
  • Added Cancel button back to loading screen.
  • [FIX] Allowed Target Last Attacker for passengers.
  • [FIX] Bomb dropped properly when the carrier disconnects.
  • [BAL] Lowered DPS on the Ion Cannon primary fire.
These fixes should go some way to sorting out the lag issues that some have been experiencing the past few days.

Haven't tried ES with this update yet, but that's good to see. The lag and collision detection were really making infantry combat frustrating.

I haven't played the game in over a year. Until then the most people I've ever seen on a server at once, including myself was FOUR. Every time I joined a server I was shocked there was another person playing the game. So likewise it never lagged.

Now it's insanity. Every game I play has at least 20 people and I can't tell the wall to the floor because of the lag.

It still lags for you in the latest patch? I've been crawling full 32 player servers and the problems have been largely solved.

Update: Another patch was posted. Turns out the default "rate" setting for ES was below a modem's. The game should run incredibly smooth for anyone with broadband now.

Awesome. I played a bit of the last patch yesterday and the infantry combat was much smoother, although I ran into a bit of ship lag. Hopefully this helps with everything.

Back