Eternal Silence space video

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
So I'm busy, you understand? I've got a German exam in two weeks and all I can say is 'schnell! Atchung! Ja, mein fuhrer!' I thought 'hmm, the staff know I've got my exams. I don't really have time for newsposting.' On top of that, I was snowed under, and the postman had taken to nailing dead weasels to my door again, sneaking into my house to leave a badger carcass on my kitchen table while I was beating up the small child who lives down the bottom of my garden. 'Someone else will do it,' I thought. Nobody did, so here I go. Ahem[br]Eternal Silence is a mod, set in space, with ships - but not just any ships. No, we're talking space ships. Your common-or-garden man o' war, your trimarine or galley, won't cut it here. Not when there are spacemen with space-guns trying to board you from their own space-chariots of fire. It looks pretty damn cool. Aside from the space-screenshot below, the important bit of this newspost is the space-video! Find out more at Eternal-silence.net![br]

[br]

I'm kidding about being all bitter, by the way. As evidenced by the weasels.

Video's great, I'm impressed with what they've done with the Source engine. :)

The video is all weird for me, all the colours are inverted or something. very tripy... but i cant see shit.

Any other source for the vid? or else a fix for my problem?

I did wonder where the news was. I thought it was just a slow week.

Good luck on your German exam. :)

Same here. Very impressive. Although the speed seems a bit slow.

Yeah the video dosen't work for me either...

it gose to the site and says connecting to media then says done....

then i hit play and it starts all over again.....

dose the explorer matter? (InterenetExplorer or FireFox)

had no problems playing it in fire fox. So I guess it shouldn't. In any case looks great. Wonder how that'll work online with several players though.

Cool little video but the jet fire was to bright.

NeoNight said:
had no problems playing it in fire fox. So I guess it shouldn't. In any case looks great. Wonder how that'll work online with several players though.
It's worked fine in our playtests (You can actually read updates about us rewriting parts of netcode to accomodate our space physics), so it works awesome.

The flame being bright is something that we constantly tweak, and right now it actually looks really cool in-game, though obviously I'm sure one of our artists will come along and make it better somehow.

As of now, our programmers tried to make it look realistic as to how a propulsion system would look in space...

Thanks for all the comments guys... Keep an eye out for our beta that should be on your hard drives in under 3 months :)

Iced_Eagle said:
It's worked fine in our playtests (You can actually read updates about us rewriting parts of netcode to accomodate our space physics), so it works awesome.

The flame being bright is something that we constantly tweak, and right now it actually looks really cool in-game, though obviously I'm sure one of our artists will come along and make it better somehow.

As of now, our programmers tried to make it look realistic as to how a propulsion system would look in space...

Thanks for all the comments guys... Keep an eye out for our beta that should be on your hard drives in under 3 months :)

ok great thats good to hear. in that case I can't wait! :imu:

This looks sweet. I can't wait to play it. One thing though. Since you're going for realistic space physics. With the main thrusters firring constantly like in the vid, does that mean one can accelerate constantly too? Or will there be a capped speed limit?

Iced_Eagle said:

Holy fu- :O

Yes becuase in space Constant thrust equals constant velocity.

I loled.

ES will be realistic in that sense, the engine effects in the video are misleading, the final will not only shutdown engines once you reach top speed but will have lateral thrusters to create side thrust and angular accelerations. Our physics are on the ball and the effects system is plugged directly into it. Also our scripting system will allow you to make new ships with a simple script and a model, meaning mappers could package custom ships in their maps.

ya'll should get ES on here for an interview. space battles will definatly be a different experience

MadMechwarrior said:
ES will be realistic in that sense, the engine effects in the video are misleading, the final will not only shutdown engines once you reach top speed but will have lateral thrusters to create side thrust and angular accelerations. Our physics are on the ball and the effects system is plugged directly into it. Also our scripting system will allow you to make new ships with a simple script and a model, meaning mappers could package custom ships in their maps.

That's excellent news. Now I really can't wait to play this!

Back