Eurovision

Razor

Spy
Reaction score
Surprised i didn't see a thread about this.

Some absolutely hilarious bands and artists last night, particular Norway's and the band with that granny in it :rolling:.

Just annoyed that Greece one as i think Israel and Malta were far more deserving :(.

Is this some form of television show?

Well, the Greek singer was swedish, so most swedes aren't that disappointed even though our real swedish singer flopped bigtime. :)

CrazyHarij said:
Well, the Greek singer was swedish, so most swedes aren't that disappointed even though our real swedish singer flopped bigtime. :)

Yes, and the Swiss entry was Estonian...how the heck does that work?

Presuming you're talking about a television show, i'll move this to the TV section.

(If it isn't i'll move it straight back.)

It is, Danimal. It's kinda a song contest for european countries. (But since when was Israel a part of Europe?)

Sweden came 6th to last. No suprise though, it sucked hard.

Its a show where popular bands form all over europe (and some not, WTF) compete, and people vote for who they think is the best.

Terry wogan does some random commentry and rips 7 tons of shit out of everyone.

Its long, boring, and... rubbish.

Edit: ah, same explaination.

Shodan said:
Its a show where popular bands form all over europe (and some not, WTF) compete, and people vote for who they think is the best.

Terry wogan does some random commentry and rips 7 tons of shit out of everyone.

Its long, boring, and... rubbish.

Boring and rubbish, i think you're taking it too seriously...lighten up and take it for the cheesy thing that it is and you will enjoy it more :cheers:.

It isn't really a tv show, it is an event that happens once a year. If you can call Eurovision a tv show, then the Fa Cup was also a tv show. :imu:

you actually still watch this? i watched it when i was like 12.

terry wogan does rock though.

Ha, I watched a bit of the voting. I can't believe we only got 18 points. At least we were a bit more liked than the French and Germans.

Interesting fact: To enter, you have to be a member of the European Broadcasting Union of which Austrailia is actually a member. So Austrailia could enter a song in the Eurovision song contest.

And yeah, the song writers have to be from the country, not the singers.

Feath said:
Ha, I watched a bit of the voting. I can't believe we only got 18 points. At least we were a bit more liked than the French and Germans.

Interesting fact: To enter, you have to be a member of the European Broadcasting Union of which Austrailia is actually a member. So Austrailia could enter a song in the Eurovision song contest.

And yeah, the song writers have to be from the country, not the singers.
interesting how germany, france, spain and the uk came last yet they probably give most money, it seems the thing has totally swung to the eastern countries, we didnt even qualify. :eek:

jimbo118 said:
interesting how germany, france, spain and the uk came last yet they probably give most money, it seems the thing has totally swung to the eastern countries, we didnt even qualify. :eek:

I know! How weird is that? There was a time when no one could stop you winning it. Hence the Father Ted episode with "My Lovely Horse".

It's kind of political, though you can't blame the Eastern European countries for backing each other up, 50 years of Soviet opression is probably worse than losing a few Eurovision song contests.

Feath said:
I know! How weird is that? There was a time when no one could stop you winning it. Hence the Father Ted episode with "My Lovely Horse".
our song and act was embarrassing(sp?) to say the least, we had a show call ''you're a star'' to pick our entry, sorta like pop idol, its so bad, the whole show is though in a way, very cringeworthy, wogan is great for his piss-take though.

lol i loved that episode, ''just play the f**kin note'' :LOL:

mortiz said:
It's kind of political, though you can't blame the Eastern European countries for backing each other up, 50 years of Soviet opression is probably worse than losing a few Eurovision song contests.
yeah its all politics nearly, greece and cyprus give each other the 12 points every year, then sweden, denmark etc all vote for eachother.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA, Germany's last :D

...well, yes, the eastern countries always back each other, t'was always like this :)

StardogChampion said:
I don't think the UK can blame politics, our song was just plain ****.

Not in the context of the Eurovision song contest it wasn't.

StardogChampion said:
I don't think the UK can blame politics, our song was just plain ****.

Lol, how could you rate Moldova's entry above the UKs? :p

I honestly don't know why the UK enters anymore, its too political...

Oh wait, its because our country puts in half the funding!

Recoil said:
HAHAHAHAHAHHAA, Germany's last :D

...well, yes, the eastern countries always back each other, t'was always like this :)
Some of us here say exactly the same thing, but we do the same thing with our neighbours.
Denmark: Sweden: 7 Norway: 12
Sweden: Denmark: 8 Norway: 10
Norway: Sweden: 1 Denmark 12
Finland: Sweden: 6 Norway: 12 Denmark: 2

The_Monkey said:
Some of us here say exactly the same thing, but we do the same thing with our neighbours.
Denmark: Sweden: 7 Norway: 12
Sweden: Denmark: 8 Norway: 10
Norway: Sweden: 1 Denmark 12
Finland: Sweden: 6 Norway: 12 Denmark: 2

And the Poor UK doesn't have any Neighbours except for Ireland.

Feath said:
And the Poor UK doesn't have any Neighbours except for Ireland.
yeah uk usually give us 12, probably coz of all the irish in the uk and northern ireland.

its seems to be popular in germany, @ the german vote there was a big crowd behind the guy cheering, you wouldnt have that here, but they do like david hasselhoff. :O
the swiss singers were hawt.

The judges that pit the Irish people are complete idiots. We send amitures to Eurovision year after year singing and not putting on a show, they don't learn atall

jimbo118 said:
yeah uk usually give us 12, probably coz of all the irish in the uk and northern ireland.

its seems to be popular in germany, @ the german vote there was a big crowd behind the guy cheering, you wouldnt have that here, but they do like david hasselhoff. :O
the swiss singers were hawt.

The Israeli singer was much better.

The best performer had to be that rough looking guy that sang with the 3 sisters for Spain. :LOL:

ríomhaire said:
The judges that pit the Irish people are complete idiots. We send amitures to Eurovision year after year singing and not putting on a show, they don't learn atall
Oh they do.... they learnt after Ireland won all those years on a row, and nearly became bankrupt ;) They even did a Father Ted about it.

Farrowlesparrow said:
Oh they do.... they learnt after Ireland won all those years on a row, and nearly became bankrupt ;) They even did a Father Ted about it.
But the competion is different now and there was a band that was like a celtic version of the Yugoslavian group that won last year with all tribal clothes and stuff and they did a little bit of rock that was really good even my mam liked it) and the judges told them to do something more Eurovisiony, like ABBA. :bonce:

Farrowlesparrow said:
not quite bankrupt, i think we just got sick of winning :p and hosting it.

everyone felt it a waste of money.

Razor said:
The Israeli singer was much better.

She was hot too.

Winning Eurovision a record number of times isn't really something to be proud of.

We sucked a lot this year, I am embarresed to say that I went to the same school as that guy (not at the same time though, I did go at the same time as his brother).

Whys everyone talking about eurovision 2005. What about 2006. Whats with Finland wining?

Back