EVE Online - Steam'ed

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
EVE Online, the space based MMO from CCP has been transported onto Steam and a 21-day free trial is now available. The game is also coming with a $5 discount for the first full month of play.[br]
EVE Online, the award winning massively multiplayer online (MMO) game from CCP, is coming to Steam, a leading platform for the delivery and management of PC games and digital content with over 13 million accounts worldwide.[br]To celebrate the launch of Steam's first massively multiplayer online game offering, a special 21-day trial period for EVE will be available, free of charge, to all Steam gamers. Steam gamers will also save $5 off their first full month of EVE Online.[br]EVE Online is a leader in online gaming technology, hosting hundreds of thousands of players in the same persistent universe. The latest of the EVE Online expansions, which are always free for players, introduces a graphic update of gargantuan proportions and a host of new gameplay features. Every ship, station, and stargate is rendered in an amazing splendor of spacefaring sights.
Learn more here.

last time i tried eve i got bored at the tutorial... might have another crack at it now its had its graphics upgraded.

I enjoy checking your site, it's my #1 HL2-news-source. But is it really necessary to pick up any change in the Steam stores? What does EVE have to do with HL2? Or even Valve in general? It's just a game available now on a content delivery platform.

reaper47 - yes it is necessary in my view :)

I've just learnt that my (used to be..) favourite game which I had to quit BECAUSE of the monthly fee has a free 21-day trial. That is decent NEWS. ;)

Cool I've pondered checking out eve in detail before. keep up the reporting, we've a long time to go till EP3.

WTF! What is this amazing looking game?! I was playing some 2D game called Ogame and I always wanted it to look like this. Now I can live in the 2D world finally! I gotta find some private server or something cause this looks amazing! :E

Intresting move by CCP there, its pretty cool that so many developers are seeing the potental market place of steam users.

I wonder if you will be able to buy time codes through steam. The download is free anyhow. Will have to see how it developes.

I havnt played in a wile my self, I got two characters now and threw battle ship 5 on both of them. Now my account has expirised and I wont play for another month.

My megathron is going to be piiiiimp with my t2 large neutrons! BOOOOOM!

EVE Online - the MMO in which devs cheat ingame.

FREE KUGUTSUMEN

(if you want to find more about what I'm blabbering you have enough hints in those two lines to Google it yourself)

EVE is an awesome game, but not for the impatient. It's a very slow game most of the time, and one wrong move can lose you a lot of money (never fly anything you can't afford to lose).

Back