Even my wife was impressed

Reaction score
I play a lot of games on my PC, but my wife is the anti-gamer. Everytime she walks by me though , she feels she needs to make some little comment though. While playing Far Cry : "are you crazy about war or what? Why don't you join the army? " While playing Doom 3 : "thats gross!" and "are you crazy or something?"

But Half-Life 2 is the first game where all she said was "wow" . I was on Water Hazard , looking at the scenery thinking the same thing at the time.

That one "wow" from my wife says more than all the reviews put together!

Now the next step is to get her to actually play HL2. :LOL:

diluted said:

Oh believe me, that is never going to happen... the last thing a woman wants to do is agree with a man's taste.

i show all my roomates and they are shocked, but they never play video games except on xbox....

Well Valve better haul ass and get the x-box version released ASAP.

Yeah, so that HL2 can get a bad name because it will have worse graphics and control!

...wait...

I'd rather Valve finish DoD:S and get some expansions out before they make an X-Box version.

I wish I got some kinda support while playing the game, everyone was like "Your in love with it" and such, I just can't wait to get a new video card then show it off to them

Heh, I was on Hl2.net at school on Friday, and some of my friends who I'd told it about walked by and saw the screens on the main page. They are almost all XBox fanatics and when I'd talk about, they'd say "Halo 2 blah blah. Better. HL2 isn't that good" even though they'd never even played or seen it. When they saw some screenshots they said "Whoa, that's cool. What cutscene is that?" Heh.. they were pretty blown away to know that it wasn't a cutscene, and the entire game is like that.

My mom was impressed by the graphics, and my dad bothered to sit there and watch (which was an achievement). My sister was quite impressed, and I think I'll be able to get her to play around with the physics.

Definetly a first for a computer game in this household. :cheers:

I had my auntie and uncle watching the other day, when they came round, i hid in my study playing HL2, they came and found me, then i got 'the water looks amazing!' i felt proud for some reason, even though i made no contribution to its development :)

Yes, 'girls' are silly (well actually guys are, but don't tell them). My girlfriend lost a bet and in return had to watch me play HL2 for 5 minutes and pretend to be interested...it damn near killed her. :)

diluted said:

dont wanna do that, i got my girlfriend to play vice city...then i had to BUY her a ps2 of her own cause she wouldnt get off mine.,

Calm_Blue_Ocean said:
Yes, 'girls' are silly (well actually guys are, but don't tell them). My girlfriend lost a bet and in return had to watch me play HL2 for 5 minutes and pretend to be interested...it damn near killed her.

that 5 min was have made you feel good

Xbox version can come when we have hl3 and all the expansions for it...Believe me, it can wait.

TrevorGrigg said:
Your wife said the same thing after I dropped by when you were at work.

aaaahhahahahahahahhhahaaaa

Everytime I've replayed the game I've had my sister watching over my shoulder almost the entire time.

And she's 17 and an RTS fan.

Back