Ever have one of those days...

Alientank

Reaction score
You go into a server, get raped, go into another, get raped, ANOTHER, get raped there too. It's been happening to me today, and some guys are obviously VERY VERY VERY big cheaters, or they have no social life and play CSS in their moms basement all day. Usually I do pretty well, but some players I've seen today were having great scores. One guy was 74-3, which is nuts! Go outside!

WOW 74-3 is pretty good he must play alot of FPS's.Usually people that play alot of those have good reaction.

Bah, I usually figure that I'll die without getting kills each round (3rd day with the game), I just try to have a good time anyways, getting killed over and over makes me that much happier when I get kills.

I can only stand about two "anothers" before I switch games altogether.

Im thinking the same as you m8. i have only been playing for 2 weeks, and i must have only killed about 5 people... Im fed up with uloading a clip into someone and nothing, then they shoot just once and kill me...

And there not always getting head shoots..

Its just seems that some people bullets actually hit first, even tho u fired first.. uh!

i mean that just sums up the game as a whole, imo. Atleast in ut ur able to actaully have some fire fights, not with this game. Glad i bought it for the SP game, because the multi just plain sucks imo. If it aint kids spraying gay pron everywhere, there TK, spamming "noob", or just crashing the servers... I had herd that CS was for little kids, now i know it to be true...

Ugh.

well Im a CS noob, and I can say honestly... spam.
the game is totally based on luck... sometimes I completely demolish everyone... other times I just can't get a kill.

I can only play CS:S for like an hour at a time... I WANT to play it because it's in the Source engine... but then I realize it's just CS and I end up leaving.

the only thing that makes the game enjoyable enough to play is when you have some decent people on your time, who work together/have a mic and use it well.

I find myself playing immensely better when I am working with someone from Hl2.net.

however people that say this game is about aim and skill, are full of it.. I have been playing it for a couple weeks now (since it was released on steam) and from what I have played it's all about who spams first, and who aims lowest.

the only mod I have played so far that takes genuine skill (and fast reflexes) is TS.
speaking of which they best do a port/remake/sequel/mod that is identical to it for hl2 ;(

Jertsy said:
Im thinking the same as you m8. i have only been playing for 2 weeks, and i must have only killed about 5 people... Im fed up with uloading a clip into someone and nothing, then they shoot just once and kill me...

Its just seems that some people bullets actually hit first, even tho u fired first.. uh!

i mean that just sums up the game as a whole, imo. Atleast in ut ur able to actaully have some fire fights, not with this game. Glad i bought it for the SP game, because the multi just plain sucks imo. If it aint kids spraying gay pron everywhere, there TK, spamming "noob", or just crashing the servers... I had herd that CS was for little kids, now i know it to be true...

Ugh.

If you 'unload a whole clip' at someone you're not going to hit them. It may seem like their bullets are hitting first - in reality, the diffeerence is their bullets are on target ;)

It only takes 2-3 bullets to kill someone. Watch the players who end up with ridiculously high kill/death ratios. They aren't cheating and definately aren't spraying everywhere and hoping for the best.

Jertsy said:

Ugh.

i had the same problem untill i sorted out my rates. Actually hittin ppl now ;)

Luck? ;> ...come play with me and I'll show u luck ;p

my rates if anyone wants... (I have a 768k modem ...700 and something K anyway..)

rate 20000
cl_cmdrate 85
cl_updaterate 85

place them in an autoexec.cfg in your cfg folder.

I have them not quite as high as some people I know, simply becuase I want to compensate for not so good servers.

Headwires said:
i had the same problem untill i sorted out my rates. Actually hittin ppl now ;)

Could you be so kind as to point me in the user cfg file, so i can put my rates in.. so they will exe when i start the game..

is it Valve>CStrike>config?

i have this already

rate 20000
cl_rate 20000
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_updaterate 60
cl_smooth 0
cl_interp 0.05
fps_max 101
exec userconfig.cfg

but the thing is, when i look in the cmd after booting up the game, i see an error saying "could not load userconfig."?? uh

thanks headwires m8.

userconfig.cfg no longer works

you need to make an autoexec.cfg
it will automaticly load what ever is in that file

place the autoexec.cfg in

...\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg\

edit: you dont need to put 'exec autoexec.cfg' in the config either

Exactly. You've only been playing for two weeks. If you really want to get good at a game you need to practice. Tony Hawks didn't master skateboarding in two weeks.

There's also no point in sour grapes. Yeah, you suck at the game. So what? Either have fun, or practice until you can finally run round a corner, know someone's there, and headshot them.

Simple enough concept.

Vidrio said:

cheers m8 :)

dekstar said:
Exactly. You've only been playing for two weeks. If you really want to get good at a game you need to practice. Tony Hawks didn't master skateboarding in two weeks.

There's also no point in sour grapes. Yeah, you suck at the game. So what? Either have fun, or practice until you can finally run round a corner, know someone's there, and headshot them.
Simple enough concept.

I know what ur saying m8, i do.. You have to practice at everything to get good. It just seems theres a fine line between being good/bad in this game. Good, you bullet hits first, bad, your bullet does not.

Maybe i just need to refine my tactics. As it stands, i dont run round corners, I aways move forward 5 steps>look behind. what other tactics do you need?

Please feel free to give me any tips.

I've been raping people as of late on servers, but I don't cheat....Alientank you make conclusions too fast.

Vidrio said:

erm, i cannot find a cfg folder in my cstrike folder.

Jertz.jpg

cheers m8..

PS: sorry to the thread starter, high-jacking his thread.

Alientank said:
One guy was 74-3, which is nuts! Go outside!

NEVER! GO AWAY! YOU'RE NOT MY MOM!!!!! :frown:

:E Actually, yes, some days I do extremely well, others I do TERRIBLE. But what's weird is that I never experience this is any other games but CS.....crazy hitboxes, large blocks are for children to play with.

Luck isn't the dominate factor in CS. It sounds like you're still new to the game and haven't figured out how to use each weapon appropriately. I can tell you that one problem your having you said yourself.

Im fed up with unloading a clip into someone and nothing, then they shoot just once and kill me.

You can't unload a clip and expect to hit anyone. Your bullets are flying over their head after about the third one. They're probably firing in controlled bursts, aiming for your mid-section or neck area. They'll easily kill you with just a few shots, while you spew forth your whole clip into the wall behind them. Crouch, aim at center mass or their neck, fire in shorts 2-4 round bursts, and kick some ass. If you do end up in a run and shoot firefight, only fire when you stop strafing one direction and start to move in the other. The slight pause as you move from right to left (or left to right) will give you much greater accuracy. Now if the two of you are going toe to toe in a small room, by all means, spam away.

Back