Evidence of delays in Europe

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5873

This is a thread in off topic talking about it.

As you can see, the quote on the website is from GAME, and they have a bad track record when it comes to telling people when games are out. Ive quoted emails i got off them, but that is only about half of them.

It has already been said that Hl2 is set for release world wide on the same date.

well i won't really call this evidence since there are so much sites like amazon.com who are saying that hl2 will be out on nov/dec etc.
im not convinced... :x

Here in Sweden, the shop I usually buy from lists it as:
"Releasedatum: 2003-09-30"
:)

here in holland i they say "coming in the end of september or beginning of november"

lol, I'm gettin hl2 via steam if it's delayed, which is the same date as the US one... no biggy!! :bounce:

if the retail version is delayed, and you want it really badly, just download with steam :cheese:

I have also pre-ordered HL2.

I checked my site, and they have a release date of 20 November. I emailed my shop for some information. I told him that the release date was confirmed on the ECTS. I got this e-mail back (translation):

Thanks for the message.
There is no info on the release date at this moment.
The release date stands for 20 November at this moment for the Netherlands (I think that's bullshit coss it is a worldwide release, right?)
The release date in the US is on 30 September.
We are busy to get some information on the date of 20 Novembre.
The date wil be edited if we know more.

I got this e-mail this day, a hour later I checked the site, they had changed the release date to 30 September (I think because of my e-mail and there research)

(Sorry for the bad English)

Information:

E-mail orgininal writed in Netherlands
Webshop: pcmedia.nl
Date: 03-09-03 (dd-mm-yy)

Trust me guys, this release date for 30 September can't be delayed (me hoping ). They have a reason to change this on a massive game shop.

(Dont't flame or blame me for some reason please, off-topic maybe, i don't know)

, Yust another Gamer!

Originally posted by mod7t9z730
dev or flt will release it earlier i spose.

I think its an almost assured thing. This is one of the biggest PC releases, heck, game releases, in a long time. There's gonna be no way that the copying companies of the Half-Life 2 CDs can keep track of it all. I excpect at least several ripping companies to have it out on IRC several days after it goes gold. I'll probably download it just cause I'm an impatient guy, but I'm definately still buying it---of course I am, I already paid for it in full at EB!

EDIT: It would be stupid of anyone to warez this game and not buy it at all. I mean, I'm sure for hackers there's a way around it, but for most, they won't be able to play multiplayer without verification. And I'm sure Valve has a real tight system on that. Come to think of it, I remember reading on another thread that Gabe mentioned that the way Steam is set up, that it only allows for one copy of Half-Life 2 installed on a system. Sure, you could uninstall the warez copy, but what's to say Steam won't be able to go through the system registry and find it? That would suck big time for warezers who downloaded it just to try it out.

i think its pretty obvious the different gamestore's are getting very unsure of their dates, and changing all the time won't win them new customers...

Also i find it weird that they really don't research their dates, its seems like most just "go with the flow"

Amazon UK still says 30th Sept.

Will people please stop posting these fuggin' threads.

well ill dload isos anyway, just to see if it runs.
if it runs bad ill delete isos and wont buy it.
if its ok ill beat singleplayer with warez version
test multiplayer a bit, start testing SDK (if its released)
and then ill buy it.

Why would you go through the hassle of downloading it if you are buying it 1-3 days later?

yeah that sounds like a very smart idea..
not

dont think there will be a warez'd version of it so soon either

It's sad that there will be people who download Half-Life 2 instead of buying it. HL2 is one of the few games that is actually worth 50 bucks.

well considering even warcraft 3 was grapped 2 weeks before it released, shows what these groups are capable of...

well and if it was 2 hours before official release a real fan would still download it ;)
just to get the contents.

i mean just the manual for hl2 will make it worth the buy :)
and not to mention the mp.. considering its gonna be thru steam, you better get yourself a legit version of the game

(and also to show respect to valve.. paying 50 bucks is sure worth it)

Back