EXTREMELY Low FPS in CS:S

M

MegaloX

I am getting VERY low FPS in CS:S. I do the Stress Test and get around 32FPS, but when I go into an actual game (Another server or my own server) my FPS drops way down to 7FPS. I played the game a while ago and it played flawlessly, but now after reinstalling I don't know what happened.

Here are my computer Specs.

Intel P4 530 3Ghz
1024MB DDR-SDRAM (Dual Channel)
800Mhz Bus
200Mhz FSB
On-Board Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 (I know, I know)
256-bit graphics core
8/16/32 bpp
Up to 8.5 GB/sec memory bandwidth with DDR2 533 MHz
1.3 GP/sec and 1.3 GT/sec fill rate
128 MB maximum video memory
2048x1536 at 85 Hz maximum resolution
On-Board Audio - Realtek
DirectX 9.0c

I can play Doom3 fine, so I don't know what the hell is going on

On-Board Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900

you can run doom fine on that ?! WOW on what settings.

You've got to remember the stress test isn;t always accurate. I get 145fps in my Stress test but in game it jumps from 120 to 60ish (Geforce 6800 Ultra)

Yeah, Doom works fine. On all lowest settings. I do get low fps in high-action zones in doom 3,but otherwise it's acceptable.

you REALLY need a new graphics card. other than that your system looks great

MegaloX said:
But it played fine before... why did it change?

Dude, thats like asking why a geforce 4 mx440 in DX9 mode is running slow...Cmon now, upgrade the video card.

MegaloX said:
But it played fine before... why did it change?
did u adjust any in game settings, it may have defaulted to some other video setting after reinstall.

256bit gfx core on a intigrated card LMAO!!!! i dont think its 256bit it prob. uses 256mb ram shared

giant384 said:
256bit gfx core on a intigrated card LMAO!!!! i dont think its 256bit it prob. uses 256mb ram shared

Thanks for the help

sry but u do need to get a gfx card a real one most dells dont have agp but check to c

JCampbell said:
As far as I know, mobo's only support either/or. Are you sure you have both slots?
some mobos have both slots, but most dont.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Dude, thats like asking why a geforce 4 mx440 in DX9 mode is running slow...Cmon now, upgrade the video card.

My mx420 can run it just fine thank you!*

*In Dx7 mode.

I also found that the Video Stres Test no longer is the real test, or gives a good view on how the game performs. CSS, and maps like port are a real stress on the system.

meglox are u sure u arent getting a pci slot mixed up with a pci-e slot because they somewhat look the same

Geronimous said:
I also found that the Video Stres Test no longer is the real test, or gives a good view on how the game performs. CSS, and maps like port are a real stress on the system.

Port is fine with my PC, as opposed to inferno :/

Back