F/A-18c Hornets

M

[Ma_Mod]FIpoCH

F/A-18c Hornet

Polys around 8000-9000. For Malaysian Army MOD.

F/A-18C Hornet (Super Hornet soon...)

check em out:

F185.jpg

F184.jpg

F183.jpg

F182.jpg

F18.jpg

pfftt... I still hafn done the Air-to-Air missiles :p

I could be wrong but I think I saw them on a Lightwave binaries Usenet group a while back

can you post some wireframe shots aswell, see what the geometry is like, thanks

Originally posted by Fenric1138
I could be wrong but I think I saw them on a Lightwave binaries Usenet group a while back

can you post some wireframe shots aswell, see what the geometry is like, thanks

what do you mean by Lightwave binaries Usenet group ? Anyway, I'll post wireframe later ;)

Originally posted by [Ma_Mod]FIpoCH
what do you mean by Lightwave binaries Usenet group ? Anyway, I'll post wireframe later ;)

They look familiar is all.. *shrugs* looking forward to the wireframes anyway, be interesting to see how you did it and what methods.

Okie Dokie, wire render:

Attachments

• f18wire.jpg
    f18wire.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 349
Can we see a wireframe from the same angle as
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/222128/F182.jpg

and
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/222128/F185.jpg

cause that one is a bit small, can't make out the details :(

oh and the last pic in the collection above isn't appearing anymore, says its not there now

U cant see a shit from those view, thts why I took a top view. The lines made it difficult for you to see them :( Oh.. I have a cel shaded one:

Attachments

• f18cel.jpg
    f18cel.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 335
Don't use cell shaded renders please, you can hide most errors using a Cell Shaded render...so please if you want correct C&C give us propper renders...

Oh and none of the images work for me either....

Very, very nice. Great model. The scene could use some better lighing though....

Just one question, are HL2 maps gonna be big enough to withhold the flying capacity of a jet?

or are these just going to be used for scripted sequences?

Originally posted by chu
Just one question, are HL2 maps gonna be big enough to withhold the flying capacity of a jet?

or are these just going to be used for scripted sequences?

I heard that some HL are going to be like x10 the size of Battlefield 1942 map (can be made by ourself). Sorry if the link doesnt work, i'll upload it here.

Later, i'll post a brighter render. Sorry for the crappy renders I posted.

that cell shaded one looks a bit funny, what program are you using?

You could always post a hidden line removal screenshot of it from the UI if your having trouble seeing the wireframe, cleans it up a bit, I understand most can do that too in some way, I know XSI, Houdini and Maya can, Lightwave to a point, Max probably can, never tried in that one though, but I'm pretty sure.. It often works better than a wireframe render

hmm pls either sharpen up the GI or loose it and render to a brighter background. If you want crits that is, because these renders are pretty useless for critique

yeah i just read about the HL2 maps. The volume is quite larger than HL1 maps. Plus you can scale things down.

Model looks pretty good from those last few renders, but the pictures are a little on the dark side. If you could get a larger wire up it would help a little. From what I could see on the wire you posted higher up, it looks like you could optimize some areas of your model.

Still no wireframes up from the same angle that I asked for the other day?

Put a new background too its too dang dark to anything. (puts on NVGs)

Ah thats beter.

Still no wireframes up from the same angle that I asked for the other day?

Can you tell me step by step on how to make one ? I made one, looks sucky...

Can you tell me step by step on how to make one ? I made one, looks sucky...

you made that model, using an app in wireframe, and you don't know how to make one?

easiest way: print screen, paste into image app, save as jpeg, attach to post

normal way: depends on the program you used as to what buttons you need to press... im sure it tells you in the manual though

Maybe be best if you do one as a screenshot from the application you used, and do another as a normal wireframe render.

[Ma_Mod]FIpoCH - take that crap out of your sig.

you made that model, using an app in wireframe, and you don't know how to make one?

easiest way: print screen, paste into image app, save as jpeg, attach to post

normal way: depends on the program you used as to what buttons you need to press... im sure it tells you in the manual though

Maybe be best if you do one as a screenshot from the application you used, and do another as a normal wireframe render.

I have already posted a wireframe render.. Here's a pic of its missile (AMRAAM) *WIP*

FIpoCH whats so difficult about posting requested wireframes. I don't see anyone else on here having those problems. I asked out of interest to see wireframe versions of two images, so you did a top down tiny wireframe saying the views I requested don't show shit (I'll be the judge of that). I asked again and you did a celshaded one (which looked very strange for celshaded methods might I add). Then you say you don't know how to do wireframes and ask how to do it, I tell you, then you say you've done one already and here's some pic of some missle instead

All I asked was to see those two images in wireframe. Why is it so hard just to do a couple of wireframes like that?

FIpoCH whats so difficult about posting requested wireframes. I don't see anyone else on here having those problems. I asked out of interest to see wireframe versions of two images, so you did a top down tiny wireframe saying the views I requested don't show shit (I'll be the judge of that). I asked again and you did a celshaded one (which looked very strange for celshaded methods might I add). Then you say you don't know how to do wireframes and ask how to do it, I tell you, then you say you've done one already and here's some pic of some missle instead

All I asked was to see those two images in wireframe. Why is it so hard just to do a couple of wireframes like that?

Like this ?

Like this ?

about f*cking time LOL! yes like that. See it wasn't hard was it :)

Much more helpful. Your using Max, which explains the smoothing errors on the polygons, the polygons of which need to be optimised, the wings could be cut down in polys by quite a percentage, as can the polys on the wheels. Much of the detail can be faked with normal maps and clever texturing, It can deffinately do with some tweaking to the mesh. As I understand it thats not too complicated in Max unlike a few programs out there. Your best bet would be to do it by hand and not trust a poly reduction plugin to do it for you. Clean up the mesh and then setup your UV map(s)

about f*cking time LOL! yes like that. See it wasn't hard was it :)

Much more helpful. Your using Max, which explains the smoothing errors on the polygons, the polygons of which need to be optimised, the wings could be cut down in polys by quite a percentage, as can the polys on the wheels. Much of the detail can be faked with normal maps and clever texturing, It can deffinately do with some tweaking to the mesh. As I understand it thats not too complicated in Max unlike a few programs out there. Your best bet would be to do it by hand and not trust a poly reduction plugin to do it for you. Clean up the mesh and then setup your UV map(s)

hey thanks. I removed the fuel tanks on the wings to reduce the amount of polycounts. What do you think of the AMRAAM ? Also, im planning on add Aim-9 Sidewinder sand GBU-27 to it :D

Once you've done optimising it manually you can probably go through and remove a lot of poly's that the player wouldn't see normally anyway. Everyone one of those could then be reused elsewhere to smooth corners and such. Also once you've done all that it'll be easier to do the LOD versions as the polys will be set out in a better way

the missle was ok I suppose.. maybe could do with shaving a few polys off that though I guess

Back