Face Poser - Putting wavs in the choreography - HOW?

Andy

Reaction score
Okay here is the problem:

I can do all the loading of the wav files in the phoneme editor and do all the work there etc.

However when I save the file and choose "new->wav file" in the choreography I can't get at the file I've just worked on. All i get is a list of the files that are in the game_sounds.txt files. Stuff like npc_alyx.die and so on

the HL2 world tutorial HERE says there should be a "Choose file" button, but there isn't.

I've also tried making my own entry in the txt files but when I come to the wav path I don't know where I should point it too or where I should put the wav file. The entry appears in the list in faceposer but the sound won't play.

I've tried using the snarkpit tutorial HERE and placing folders with the gcf folder as the root but that hasn't worked. I also tried just setting the path in the .txt file to C:\...\mymod\sound.wav but that doesn't work either.

So basically how can I put put custom wav files in face poser? What am I doing wrong?

FacePoser_Alyx01.jpg

Hehe... :)

I think I've worked it out. I added a folder called sound and then placed the wav files in there in an appropriate folder.

so I had ...mymod/sound/npc/gman/guilty.wav

then I edited the npc_sounds_gman.txt file and added

//ANDYS CUSTOM SOUNDS START HERE

"npc_gman.guilty"
{
"channel" "CHAN_VOICE"
"volume" "0.850"
"pitch" "PITCH_NORM"

"soundlevel" "SNDLVL_NORM"

"wave" "npc/gman/guilty.wav"
}

this entry then appeared in the list and it worked!!!

Not sure if I can add a sounds.txt file of my very own yet. (somthing like npc_custom_sounds.txt) since I don't know what file tells the game what to include however I don't think there's a limit on the size of the txt files already in existence so I'll add them on there.

Can you take the ready made voice overs and use them in the face poser.....

I've used the sdk_faceposer_examples "meanwhile, lets get this show on the road"

examples !?

and it works and looks great......is there a way of using all the other V/O sounds and exporting them into face poser so they correct the diction and the sync automatically like the example?

because I can't find the sound files to use in Faceposer anywhere

Back