Fake sharing

D

Dr-X

So ive been creating fake shares about the same size as the (supposed) beta and source files. Seems to be doing a fair job dunno how effective it is, but I bet we could put a small dent in the distribution of illegal HL2 files if everyone does something similar. Anyone?

Good good. Make them really nasty. Put some twisted viruses in them if you can.

heh im not into viruses and destruction, im just filling 'em up with useless crap.

yeah viruses are just as illegal arn't they?
:\ i don't know
I'd rather do harmless pranks too

dont do viruses....they are really annoying......just make people feel stupid.

I know, I know. What you're doing is helpful.

It WOULD be nice to have them fry a few hard drives though. :cheese:

oooh, put that script in there that makes your CD tray open. maybe if somone is a good coder they can change it to open and close the CD tray until you restart. teehee!

MooCow - im not self righteous so wtf is that all about? I'm just trying to help the community, im not being a vigilante or hacker or anything. Screw you, if you gave a shit, you'd do something for the community, too.

Originally posted by MooCow
Perhaps the people who agreed with him.

Right, well that would make them idiots as well. So it doesn't really matter to the people who care.

heh cool i got 2ppl downloading my fake source and one downloading my fake beta :D

Ok I think some of you people are taking this a little too far... Creating fake source code files... If people want it bad enough, they probably already have it, or will get it.

yeah, but these dumbasses are downloading off me at about 6k/s, so when they finally finish downloading (8.3hrs for the source and 60hrs for the beta) they're gonna be pretty pissed. And what harm is it doing?

Back