Fallout 3 and Baulders gate 3 dissapointment level

how dissapointed are you???

• meh, im not really a fan but im sure the games would have been good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, i seriosly dont understand what the bother is about.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sui

Tank
Reaction score
ok, incase you didnt know, interplay shut down black isle studios ages ago (i think it was in 2003). Not only that, but interplay have just shut down themselves about 2 months ago (all the employees were sacked due to interplay not being able to fund them).

Baulders gate 3 died when black isle studios shut down, but fallout 3 manages to cling onto interplay who were going to publish it... but it looks like both are gone now... and i doubt that they will ever be revived.

So vote on how disapointed you are. are you heartbroken ay the loss of any RPG? or do you not even know what im on about??

heres the link to the news articles about this on gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fallout3/index.html

they should burn in hell.

i hope there's some way, through all the legal red tape, that another publisher can pick these projects up.

Actually there's a good chance that Fallout 3 will be revived, in one of two ways.

The first way is that Interplay sells the Fallout licence in order to raise funds to help them out of the rut they are in now, in which case a possible developer (Troika/Obsidian) will need backing from a publisher in order to buy the licence.

The second way is that if Interplay refuses to sell the Fallout/BG licences, they'll probably end up going under, followed shortly by their mother company Titus, meaning the licences can be picked up from the bankruptcy sale by a publisher who will loan out the licence to some unknown developer.

The first way sounds certainly more attractive to me.

but if that happens, im undoubtably sure that the games will not be as good as if they had been made by the father of all RPGs... black isle.

Suicide42 said:
but if that happens, im undoubtably sure that the games will not be as good as if they had been made by the father of all RPGs... black isle.

If the fallout liscence is sold, the ones most interested would be Troika or Obsidian (both, which are made up of the members who actually made the fallout series). And they are good hands for the license.

Baldur's Gate is already with Atari. They will most likely make it piss.

Interplay should be tortured in hell for the cancelling of fallout 3 and bg3.
Bioware is a good posebilliety.

Back