Fallout 3??

Sloth

Tank
Reaction score
I just clocked Fallout 1 for about the 8th time...
good times,good times...

I was thinking what has happened to everybodies fav Post-Nuke-War RPG. All i know is that interplay / black isle has sold it to the guys that made Morriwind...

Does anybody know anything else??

the Bethesda is working on it, no more info on it :(

the fallout 1 & 2 are my best PC games! period.

Meh, Wasteland > Fallout, but then again Fallout was pretty much the spiritual sequel to Wasteland :)

I thought u were talking about the game where you could pimp out your wife to some old guy and get chased by the cops.....Hmm I'll hafta check out these games.

I think you can do that in Fallout 2, after you get a wife from one of the small towns...
My fav games. period.

(also if anyone has any funny things they did or things that happened, we'll remember them)

Fallout 1&2 best games ever period (in my opinion :afro: )

I still love the combination Bloody Mess (perk) + Bozar (a machinegun) and a helpless midget!

MarcoPollo said:
I thought u were talking about the game where you could pimp out your wife to some old guy and get chased by the cops.....Hmm I'll hafta check out these games.

You can get married and then pimp out your wife in Fallout 2, not so sure about the cops bit though.

I really hope they don't do that camera style from the past games. I hated that so much.

Sadly, seeing as Bethesda are developing it, I have a feeling they won't stay true to the Fallout series Turn-Based combat formula.
I'll just hope.

Better be a PC only game, if it goes cross-platform you might as well give up hope.

chu said:
Better be a PC only game, if it goes cross-platform you might as well give up hope.

KotOR was a port. It still played played fine on PC.

I love Fallout, and a bad sequel would make me a saaad panda :(

Yeh Now i remember fall out...wow that game is awesome! good find!

Gargantou said:
Sadly, seeing as Bethesda are developing it, I have a feeling they won't stay true to the Fallout series Turn-Based combat formula.
I'll just hope.

Fortunately, Bethesda is developing it and will probably make the best of the Fallout series whether it be FPS/RPG, 3rd person rpg, or turn based combat.

Actually, Interplay still hold the rights to that. They wont make it, because they're completely and totally bust. Plus it would be a very bad idea...

Yeah i dont think fallout would work as an mmorpg.
I cant wait for fallout 3, i've not played 2 because i cant get it to work on win xp, but #1 works and i love it, although its really hard sometimes!

Fallout 3 with a bit more graphical flair than the previous games would rule. Developers are getting lazier, though, and it's almost like noone can be arsed to make massive non-linear RPGs with immersive environments anymore. Just easier to build a game world, slap 'MMORPG' on it and watch the money roll in.

Interplay had some great stuff...

I liked fallout alot, look forward to fallout 3.

Played both. Fallout 2 is one of the best games ever IMHO.

I hope Fallout 3 keeps the really dark comedy Fallout 2 had. And of course, MOVIE REFERENCES! That was the best about the Fallout games, they had so many references to movies and the like, it was great.

DeusExMachinia said:
I hope Fallout 3 keeps the really dark comedy Fallout 2 had. And of course, MOVIE REFERENCES! That was the best about the Fallout games, they had so many references to movies and the like, it was great.
And all the tons of random easter egg encounters, that's actually my most major worry, the Fallout series had a great funny humour in them, and the easter eggs were just as hilarious, I'm worried that the "story writers" for Fallout 3 won't be able to maintain it, we'll see I guess, hopefully they pull it off.

Well Game Informer said Bethesda was going to keep the dark humor and make the game even more violent that it was before. Then I read an interview that they might tone language and violence down and make it Teen so that more people can buy it....

Developers are getting lazier, though, and it's almost like noone can be arsed to make massive non-linear RPGs with immersive environments anymore. Just easier to build a game world, slap 'MMORPG' on it and watch the money roll in.
Well not Bethesda... They wont make a Multiplayer RPG in the style of "The Elder Scrolls" series. They actually are unlazy and made some amazing ai(Radiant AI), a super detailed unlinear gameworld where every item can be picked up(Think morrowind). Where you can read every book... Anyway Bethesda are still one of the non lazy developers out there.... Luckly there also making this game.

Laivasse said:
it's almost like noone can be arsed to make massive non-linear RPGs with immersive environments anymore
:LOL:

Probably one of the most difficult and development-time-consuming types of games you can make ^_^

Nah, Fallout 3 would suck in a TESIII:Morrowind style ( since TESIII:Morrowind sucked ), but I'm not entirely closed off to the idea of Fallout 3 using the Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion engine. Would still prefere it in an isometric view though.

stigmata said:
Laivasse said:
it's almost like noone can be arsed to make massive non-linear RPGs with immersive environments anymore

:LOL:

Probably one of the most difficult and development-time-consuming types of games you can make ^_^

Well, exactly...but the greatest type of game to play, if you're an rpg fan. You just need some awesome writers (and there's a few still knocking around, I'm sure). I just wish developers wouldn't hedge their bets so much.

Nah, Fallout 3 would suck in a TESIII:Morrowind style ( since TESIII:Morrowind sucked ), but I'm not entirely closed off to the idea of Fallout 3 using the Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion engine. Would still prefere it in an isometric view though.

Same here actually. See how much 'meh'-ness was inspired by Neverwinter Nights in comparison to Baldur's Gate, etc. There's no need to cram the latest graphics tech into RPGs like Fallout, esp. if it's going to detract from the size and immersion. And besides I'm sure you could get some truly stunning looking isometric games nowadays if people put their minds to it.

mm, there are some stunning isometric games nowadays.

Back