Which rocks your boat more?

• Family Guy

Votes: 57 58.8%
  • Simpsons

Votes: 53 54.6%

• Total voters

Rupertvdb

Reaction score
It's the new D3 vs. HL2 debate, only better! As both are readily viewable and have been proven to exist.

The Simspons is classic, but just isn't as consistently hilarious as Family Guy. The Simpsons has been going downhill for a loooong time.

As much as I love The Simpsons, but this one goes Family Guy - its more adult humour. Bought series 3 Boxset the other day for £12, ****in' brilliant.

Another vote for Futurama. But seeming as it's not there, the Simpsons is way better than Family Guy.

Given that you can vote for both options, this is rather pointless.

dammit i so nearly put futurama in there but i thought i'd stay pure and just do the two offerings.

Family Guy is WAY funnier than the Simpsons, which has gotten really bad since the begining of the new sieries.

simpsons is in a class all it's own. Family guy is nowhere near it

aqua teen hunger force owns you all, but... family guy is the winner here.

i've got another vote to futurama. best show ever.

but, for this, i vote family guy.

I can't begin to fathom why family guy got more votes.

Perhaps the Simpsons talk too fast.

Lordblackadder said:
Perhaps the Simpsons talk too fast.

Or perhaps it's because The Simpsons has been a bit crap in the last few years, especially compared to Family Guy. :p

Futurama is best but i vote Simpsons.

Futurama hands down, but since it isn't there it's got to be the simpsons. Sure it's been going downhill, but at least its been on top of the hill before.

I'll be honest - I'm really surprised that Futurama has so much support. I mean, it's good but it's very patchy and too many of the characters are far too annoying. Hermes especially.

I'm going to have to go with Family Guy because, whilst it often pilfers storylines from The Simpsons, it can be more risque and it has some completely random, very obtuse jokes/scenes that are so ridiculously funny. A fight scene with a giant chicken... Genius. The Simpsons is very good, but has been going a bit stale for quite a while, and there are too many episiodes that seem to be oriented towards celebrity guests, which is dull. Also, watching the first few series now, I wonder how it ever got as far as it has - the "classic" episodes don't hold a candle to the later ones.

Family Guy was funny for all 3 seasons it was on, unlike The Simpsons which gets shite-ier every season.

Yeah well the Simpsons has been on for over a f**king decade, and still running strong.

FG is gonna disappear soon and go the way of Beverly Hills Teens.

not actually family guy is coming back at the beginning of next year my friend

yeah, no way! show me links!!!!! I demand links! (i hope this is true :) would be freakin' sweet, if i may use such a lovely phrase)

Southpark.

• What other show portrays a gigantic pile of naked men all having sex with each other to stop immigration from the future?

• What other show has Jesus going on a rescue mission to save Santa from Baghdad and stabbing an Iraqi guard in the face?

• What other show has one of the main characters repeatedly giving Ben Affleck handjobs throughout the entirety of the show?

• What other show contains a full-on fight between 2 handicapped kids for like 10 minutes?

• What other show has a tap-dancing accident result in the death of 8 innocent audience memebers, including a pregnant woman?

• What other show makes an episode about how it's possible to ram food up your ass and poop out of your mouth?

• What other show has one of the main characters hiding inside the dead body of their former teacher "Ms. Choksondik?"

• What other show makes an episode about a gerbil's attempts to escape from a gay man's ass, with the help of the ghosts of other small animals?

And these examples are just from the last 4 seasons. Southpark is by far the best show on TV, (with the possible exception of the Daily Show). Aside from those two, everything else is just tired.

KagePrototype said:

it will come 2005

and the first two seasons of futurama were not too good, but everything after that was awsome, i mean the episode where bender is god to a group of microscopic aliens is a classic. but since the high point of the simpsons is way better than any episode of family guy, i voted simpsons

i think you just gave enough reasons why Southpark "is not" the best series.

NeonSpyder said:
i think you just gave enough reasons why Southpark "is not" the best series.

Whatever man. I just love the entirely upsurdist nature of Soutpark, and how they push the envelope with the censors while maintaining a very high level of social satire at the core of the show.

The Simpsons and the Family guy and Futurama all have a buffoon as their main character. How hard is it to make a stupid guy funny? Southpark has Cartman as its main character. Far from stupid, Cartman is vicious, whiney, vindictive, greedy, racist, sexist and coniving. All in all a very non-sympathetic character. Now how hard is it to make THAT funny and likable?

Stupid characters just do not interest me.

Lordblackadder said:
Yeah well the Simpsons has been on for over a f**king decade, and still running strong.

Running strong?

Woah there, lets not be hasty.

DarkStar said:
Whatever man. I just love the entirely upsurdist nature of Soutpark, and how they push the envelope with the censors while maintaining a very high level of social satire at the core of the show.

The Simpsons and the Family guy and Futurama all have a buffoon as their main character. How hard is it to make a stupid guy funny? Southpark has Cartman as its main character. Far from stupid, Cartman is vicious, whiney, vindictive, greedy, racist, sexist and coniving. All in all a very non-sympathetic character. Now how hard is it to make THAT funny and likable?

Stupid characters just do not interest me.

I don't think it's that hard to consider Cartman stupid.

KagePrototype said:
I don't think it's that hard to consider Cartman stupid.

I suppose he can be stupid, but that's not Cartman's over-riding, dominant character trait as it is in those other shows.

EDIT: Another thing I love about Southpark is how timely Trey and Matt can be. Since the entire show is CG, they can add things at the very last minute. Case in point; the day after Saddam was captured they were using the updated photo of him with the long grey beard. Absolutely no other animated comedy show can do that.

i voted simpsons even though i have the family guy dvd set. I think they are almost equal. Its just the fact that i dont think family guy could go for 13 more seasons and still be as good as they are now. BTW does anyone have a link or some proof that family guy is starting up again?

futurama > family guy > south park > simpsons

futurama = win

I'm not a fan of Family Guy. Everything they do has been done before and I find I can only watch an episode once and then never laugh again.

The first nine seasons of the Simpsons on the other hand are comedy gold. Futurama is excellent as well.

family guy has more ideas put in .....but u know simpsons just have the good stuff to make u laugh forever haha. although it sux that their runnin out of shit ideas to put on the tv. i always turn to hank hill now thats some good shit

i'd have to say Family Guy, since it's the only animated series to have me in stitches almost all the way through. The Simpons is solid, but hasn't got the same appeal anymore, the episodes comprise of someone saying one thing and doing the exact opposite.

Simpsons is funny, but its getting old now and starting to get rather predictable and repetative. Family Guy has had me laughing at every joke.

Back