Far Cry 2 is Now Available for Pre-Order

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center"></div>[br]

<div align="center"> </div>[br]

Ubisoft Far Cry 2 is now available for pre-purchase on Steam for $49.99, if you pre-Purchase now you get the original Far Cry for free right away. Offer ends Tuesday, Sept 2. The game is set for October release.[br]

And since the game is from UBISOFT, it's only available in North America. Yay for UBI.

Another NA only game.

Only available in North America on steam right? How about you go to one of the other hundred stores available.

I only want this game through Steam, yet again foiled. UBISOFT LISTEN, I have 30 quid (about $60) sitting right in front of me, IT'S YOURS! I don't want it, I want to pre-order your game through Steam! Please take it...please.

I can pre-order this right now. I'm scared this will be a Crysis all over again. I pirated Crysis and it was still shit. Best part about it was the graphics and the free editor. So now I feel this will be another Crysis and there has yet to be a review on it. I'm suposed to throw $50 at French Ubisoft? I declare a resistance until someone convinces me otherwise! :p

O HAI. I heard of this thing that's called the internet and it's pretty great. Basically, it allows you to connect to any computer that is on it, effectively removing all borders between you and whoever is on it. Ubisoft hasn't learned about the internet yet though.

Atleast they learned not to use no-cd cracks when distributing games via the internet.

Ubisoft is fooling themselves, EU can just as easy order US retail copies and they will get the same losses.
Steam should enable different pricing for different regio's if its such a problem for publishers,
EU users might still buy if they have to pay more then their NA counterparts as long as the game is still cheaper as the local stores.... And won't be upset the game is simply not made availeble to them.

Steam will also need this if the dollar and euro ratio's switch the other way around.
Or it will see a drop in sales from EU.
I have no idea of the chances of the ratio changes happening tough, I leave that up to financial guru's :)

If you have an American friend (or someone you trust on HL2.net from America). You can actually send the Ubisoft games as gifts to anyone in the World. ;) Just send them the money and let them purchase it as a gift for you.

That's what I do.

If you have an American friend (or someone you trust on HL2.net from America). You can actually send the Ubisoft games as gifts to anyone in the World. ;) Just send them the money and let them purchase it as a gift for you.

That's what I do.
I have always done this

Then I started to find things bought on my expense..Don't give them your credit card.

That's what I do.

I've done that on a few occasions.

I have always done this

Then I started to find things bought on my expense..Don't give them your credit card.
I wouldn't do that DigiQ8 <3, but even then I know that's a dumb idea. "Hi can you buy me a video game? Here is my CC number. Now you won't use it for anything else and forget the number ok?". :LOL: You would have so much CC debt in no time then it's all your fault and you can't do anything about it in court because well, let's face it, you did something dumb for a $50 video game.

Just get a copy from eBay. There's sure to be a flood of cheap indian retail copies of the game available for $30, that's what I did for Mass Effect. I'm at a loss as to why people want to support something which dictates and fixes prices when there is a perfectly good global retail market.

Steam should enable different pricing for different regio's if its such a problem for publishers,

They already do.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=COD+4+Australia+steam

As an Australian it's very very very hard to actually ever want to put $80-$100 down when US steam prices would result in $40-$50 AUD.

I wouldn't do that DigiQ8 <3, but even then I know that's a dumb idea. "Hi can you buy me a video game? Here is my CC number. Now you won't use it for anything else and forget the number ok?". :LOL: You would have so much CC debt in no time then it's all your fault and you can't do anything about it in court because well, let's face it, you did something dumb for a $50 video game.

I lend out my bank keycard all the time only because fools cannot access my savings money through an ATM and a bank teller will simply laugh at them. Although this is to trusted people with borrowed monies returned within a week, but meh. As for CCs grab a gift one and use that.

Oh and Aus - VPN - USA - Steam = lol

Wait, what is the logic behind the only NA thing? I don't get it?

I was thinking that I should buy a new Steam game, but I saw it was North America :(

As an Australian it's very very very hard to actually ever want to put $80-$100 down when US steam prices would result in $40-$50 AUD.

That's why I always hope that retail boxed copies of games won't go away any time soon. As soon things like Steam become the standard we'll be subject to blatant price fixing.

Looks like Valve still have some work to do with third party sellers before Steam becomes the kind of platform they'd obviously like it to be. Even if the $49.99 deal was available in the UK it's cheaper to buy it retail from Amazon etc.once you factor in tax and commission. Chances are if they do get round to selling it outside the US then Ubisoft will do the usual trick of hiking the price by another $10-20 because those bytes have got to travel all the way across the Atlantic.

Wait, what is the logic behind the only NA thing? I don't get it?

Well hinted by Valve it's been suggested that Ubisoft's regional division each has a publishing rights for the game in that region.

Basically US Ubisoft wants their games on Steam, EU Ubisoft does not.

I must admit my hope is that Ubisoft actually wake up someday to the fact the Steam is a global enterprise. There are a number of titles I'd probably buy off them, BG&E for starters, as my retail copy doesn't install under Vista because of the games outdated DRM.

It's entirely down to the publisher and nothing to do with Valve/Steam. I checked this when the CPD4 price was something like $20 or $30 more on steam outside of NA.

Valve, being their own distrubutor on steam, set their prices, however, for other non valve games, they can say, charge different amounts in other teritories and/or make available in only these teritories.

I spend a lot of time in America so i got COD4 for $50 instead of ~$80 but was wondering about the region restriction, evidently the gift of a game works round this nicely ;)

And there I was looking forward to getting this... I have both a desktop and a laptop capable of running this beast, and I was sooo looking forward to kicking ass on the African plains...

I ain't buying it retail either now, on principle... If they're happy to ignore UK customers on Steam, they I'm happy to ignore their games on retail. So there's 30 quid of mine Ubisoft wont be seeing. I'll just stick to Left4Dead.

And you won't go wrong with L4D, that's a cracking game we'll be playing for a long time, looks great, runs great, great feeling whilst playing and some immensly satisfying moments in gameplay.

Gah, I wish valve would put more pressure on these companies not to do these shitty america only releases.

Unfortunately, it's more likely Valve are wanting publishers/developers to release on Steam and not the publishers wanting it.

Nevermind. I would have liked to buy it over Steam but if their not going to allow it I'll just go somewhere like Play.com. On the bright side, its cheapers from Play.com. :)

capturezg9.jpg

You can't double-click on it right now, just right click. I did get my free copy of that insanely hard game, FC too. <3 Steam! :D Speaking of free, I opened up my first checking account today and I'm getting Direct Deposit on it. So my bank is having a promo for a free iPod Shuffle.

capturezg9.jpg

You can't double-click on it right now, just right click. I did get my free copy of that insanely hard game, FC too. <3 Steam! :D Speaking of free, I opened up my first checking account today and I'm getting Direct Deposit on it. So my bank is having a promo for a free iPod Shuffle.
Damn
I want your downlaod speed

I've already pre ordered this from play.com for 25 quid anyway with free steel casing.
3435313x.jpg

Sexy.

Back