Fatal1ty gaming headset

Unfocused

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Anyone has one of these? I'm looking to buy a headset and I've heard some good about it, plus the price seems decent.

Alternatively recommend me some headsets around 50$, please. I'm not bent on it being a headset, so if you've got some good headphones in mind, please share, it's just that it would be more convenient to have a microphone built-in.

I have it and it is excellent. It is very comfortable and doesn't bother your ears if you game for a long time. The mic is detachable which is nice if you want to travel or just, take it off. The sound controls/audio mixers that come with it seem great in case you want different modes whether you are gaming or listening to music. In game I can hear footsteps and other stuff from across the map. Lots of people will accuse you of wallhacking because you can hear so good. I even have stock onboard sound so if you have a good sound card expect even better results.

Pros:
Comfortable
Very good sound quality
Detachable mic
Price, good deal.
Audio mixers
Fatal1ty crap isn't plastered everywhere.

Cons:
I am not sure if it just me, a feature in windows, or something with the headset. Say you have your headset unplugged then go to play a game, you can't just plug it in and have the sound work, you have to restart the game. This is probably something with windows although my old headset (Altec Lansing AHS515) i could just plug them in then it would automatically switch over.

Its USB which may or may not be a con with you, but if you have limited USB ports you might want to look at something else, or buy a self powered USB hub, which is what I did.

All in all i give it a 10/10.

I got a pair of these as a gift from my GF. They are very good, deep, solid bass, good clear mic and very comfortable. I have the jack style connector, so if you don't want USB, you can always get that.

Thanks for the replies :thumbs:

What do you mean they're USB? The ones I'm looking at supposedly have a 3.5mm stereo minijack connector. Like here.

Thanks for the replies :thumbs:

What do you mean they're USB? The ones I'm looking at supposedly have a 3.5mm stereo minijack connector. Like here.

My version are USB, meaning they aren't put into audio jacks, they are plugged into your USB port. This is what I have. Reason being I don't have a microphone port :E

Cons:
I am not sure if it just me, a feature in windows, or something with the headset. Say you have your headset unplugged then go to play a game, you can't just plug it in and have the sound work, you have to restart the game. This is probably something with windows although my old headset (Altec Lansing AHS515) i could just plug them in then it would automatically switch over.

This sounds more like a sound drivers issue than anything else. I'm thinking about getting one of these headsets, I've had my old Plantronics headset for years and years now and I'm tired of it hurting my ears if I play more than a couple hours.

After years of buying headsets like these, which are indeed convenient, I would suggest buying a nice pair of headphones and a clip-on mic. But really it's no big deal; those look fine.

I agree with Qonfused that you should buy a pair of decent headphones with an attachable mic. Also, what kind of soundcard do you have? If it's a fairly decent one (ie dedicated creative, asus or whatever soundcard) then that's more of a reason to get a good pair :).

Take a look at what Sennheiser or Goldring (though I not sure if these are on sale in the US) have to offer. Admittedly, Sennheiser can be expensive and sometimes overpriced a little but you should be able to get something good for around $50.

I bought a pair of these as replacements for a pair of rather expensive Sennheisers that had died a death after a year. The feel of them isn't quite as good in terms of comfort, but the sound is perfect and the fact that the mic is detachable is an advantage. Worthwhile if your gaming a lot.

Got the headset, but I can't say I'm satisfied with it's comfort. After a few minutes of using it the back of my ears are a bit sore. And I have normal sized ears.

My previous headset, with round headphones, instead of oval, was more comfortable.

And the sound quality seems OK, but nothing outstanding over my previous Panasonic headphones for half the price (had two of those and both started breaking at the cable after about a year however).

But the physical discomfort is what annoys me a bit. Maybe I'll get used to it, maybe it's a matter of the different material on them, my Panasonic headphones were with leather.

Got the headset, but I can't say I'm satisfied with it's comfort. After a few minutes of using it the back of my ears are a bit sore. And I have normal sized ears.

My previous headset, with round headphones, instead of oval, was more comfortable.

And the sound quality seems OK, but nothing outstanding over my previous Panasonic headphones for half the price (had two of those and both started breaking at the cable after about a year however).

But the physical discomfort is what annoys me a bit. Maybe I'll get used to it, maybe it's a matter of the different material on them, my Panasonic headphones were with leather.

Trust me. coming off Seinheissers I was the same, but the headset is like a pair of new shoes, once you've worn them a while they'll loosen up. I've fallen asleep with mine on. ;)

Bought these today and I found them extremely comfortable. Maybe my ears are just right for 'em but it feels all good and snuggly. Sound is good; I like the deep basses. Mic seems okay as well; haven't had any complaints. I have the 3.5mm jack version btw.

Kadayi was right, I got used to them, but they definitely weren't extremely comfortable at first ;)

Back